Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Aussie slouch hat 1943

Article about: Just bought this Aussie made 1943 dated slouch hat as I have long been after a wartime Aussie example. It is good and salty and appears to have the makers code V 33? So made in the state of

Default Aussie slouch hat 1943

Just bought this Aussie made 1943 dated slouch hat as I have long been after a wartime Aussie example. It is good and salty and appears to have the makers code V 33? So made in the state of Victoria I think. Better pics to come when it arrives.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Aussie slouch hat 1943  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Very nice, its got real character.

Looks good!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Nice slouchie Jerry!

Yep V is Victoria, Love to see your picys

An truly iconic hat! Nice pick up!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thanks all of you. I got it for what IMO was a good price, even for the British version that the seller had it listed as, while for an Aussie version which tend to attract higher prices it was a very good price I think.

I am not sure any pics I take will be better than the sellers, they will just be bigger!
    Regards,

Jerry

Arrived safely, some new pics. Press stud is marked Carr Aust. MM is V55, not V33. You can see that it had a formation flash on the pug, but no sign of a rising sun on the turn up, so probably British used.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Aussie slouch hat 1943   Aussie slouch hat 1943  

Aussie slouch hat 1943   Aussie slouch hat 1943  

Regards,

Jerry

?

Good score Jerry any ideal if the pugs on the war time manufactured Slouch are Broad Arrow ,date stamped and or maker marked on the reverse side.
    My postwar RAAF Slouch has a manufacture mark and date stamp on the interior side of the pug.

Regards Mark K

Hi Mark. The pug is stitched to the hat, so I can't look. My post war example is dated etc on the inside of the pug as it is only slipped on not stitched in place, and I don't know if the wartime versions are dated etc.
    Regards,

Jerry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast