MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Aussie WW2 Slouch Hats

Article about: Lovely hats! Always wanted to have an example, but never managed to get one yet. Rob

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    A group shot of my three slouchies, two Aussie made and one British made.
    Nice Jerry.

Here's my only British made example,

Denham & Hargrave Ltd
    1943 make size 6 5/8
    Aussie WW2 Slouch HatsAussie WW2 Slouch HatsAussie WW2 Slouch HatsAussie WW2 Slouch HatsAussie WW2 Slouch Hats

Very salty used example but that's why I like it. Also it has no evidence of a unit flash.
    I has a interesting story as it was apparently picked up in New Guinea by an Australian Serviceman (picked it up from the Serviceman's son). How it got there is anyone's guess.

Cheers Jerry
    Dave

Quote by Thanatos View Post
    Nice Jerry.

Here's my only British made example,

Denham & Hargrave Ltd
    1943 make size 6 5/8

Very salty used example but that's why I like it. Also it has no evidence of a unit flash.
    I has a interesting story as it was apparently picked up in New Guinea by an Australian Serviceman (picked it up from the Serviceman's son). How it got there is anyone's guess.

Cheers Jerry
    Dave
    Very nice Dave. My British one is by the same maker, 1942 dated and a size 7 & 1/4, not unit marked but I have his Solar Helmet as well which has the flash to the RAOC. His Slouchie has been signed and dedicated to him by a lot of his mates and one of the names I got a hit on for the RAOC, which confirmed the pith was his as well, as they came together but one never knows, though this seemed to confirm it.

The stories these could tell.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Very nice Dave. My British one is by the same maker, 1942 dated and a size 7 & 1/4, not unit marked but I have his Solar Helmet as well which has the flash to the RAOC. His Slouchie has been signed and dedicated to him by a lot of his mates and one of the names I got a hit on for the RAOC, which confirmed the pith was his as well, as they came together but one never knows, though this seemed to confirm it.

The stories these could tell.
    Very nice Jerry
    If only they could talk hey.

Cheers again mate

Dave

A group shot of my three slouchies, two Aussie made and one British made.
    Lovely Trio Jerry B

I have seen one I'm interested in. It has no sweatband inside. British Regimental flashed to the brim. Carr Aust press stud. The brim is bound with khaki trim but where it is worn it can be seen that the brim is double layer felt. There is a square cut out of the upper layer only to enable the female part of the stud to fit within it through the thinner single layer of felt. Anyone seen this before?
    It is a heavy hat. Maybe officers private purchase?

Hello again chaps, just added this 1942 RWAFF (Royal West African Frontier Force) slouchie to my collection. A touch moth eaten but full of character! Leon. SORRY FELLA'S, I just noticed I "dumped" this in your Aussie section, I mean't to put it in the British slouchies area! Please feel free to move it boys. Aussie WW2 Slouch HatsAussie WW2 Slouch HatsAussie WW2 Slouch HatsAussie WW2 Slouch HatsAussie WW2 Slouch HatsAussie WW2 Slouch Hats

Hi All,

I know its been a long time since anything has been posted here but I noticed there was never a AWAS hat posted. Here is one from my collection named to a member of the Australian Army Medical Womens Service (AAMWS)

Aussie WW2 Slouch Hats

Aussie WW2 Slouch Hats

OK i know that this one isnt WW2 vintage,but i was chuffed to get it (a gift from my son)
    and as a wise man once told me (Rene) any Aussie Slouch is precious.

1999 Royal Australian Army Medical Corps.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Aussie WW2 Slouch Hats   Aussie WW2 Slouch Hats  

Aussie WW2 Slouch Hats   Aussie WW2 Slouch Hats  

Aussie WW2 Slouch Hats  

Aussie Digger,
    Here is a pic of my Grandmother wearing her AWAS hat and one of an Aunty who was in the WRAAF (Women's Royal Australian Air Force)
    Cheers Mick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Aussie WW2 Slouch Hats   Aussie WW2 Slouch Hats  

?

Great photos there Mick. Always thought the female slouchies with the green puggarees were under valued myself. Anyone know what year the green puggaree was withdrawn from service (or commenced service)? Not to be confused with the 3RAR green puggaree of course.

Oz.

Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast