Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Aussie WW2 Slouch Hats

Article about: Lovely hats! Always wanted to have an example, but never managed to get one yet. Rob

Hello everyone, my name is Chris and I live in Victoria, Australia. I used to collect WW2 Aussie slouch hats a few years ago and got out of it, but I couldn't stay away from collecting and have just started it up again.

First off is a 1944 dated 2/14th Field Regiment slouch hat named to VX21866 Joseph Cooper. This one is quite unusual as it sports the hook and eyelet brim attachment usually encountered on earlier hats.

Aussie WW2 Slouch Hats

Next up is a 1943 dated 2/8th infantry battalion slouch hat. The rising sun collar badge probably doesn't belong on the front of it (though soldiers did add bizarre things to their hats such as coins etc) but it looks like it has been on there for ages, so I will just leave it.

Aussie WW2 Slouch Hats

Here's a 1944 dated 2/27th infantry battalion slouch hat. Once again this one is quite unusual as it sports the hook and eyelet brim attachment usually encountered on earlier hats.

Aussie WW2 Slouch Hats

This is a 1943 dated 50th garrison battalion slouch hat. The owner of this hat would have guarded Axis prisoners of war at Dhurringile PoW camp.

Aussie WW2 Slouch Hats

And lastly we have a 1943 dated 2/6th infantry battalion slouch hat. This has a nice worn look to it.

Aussie WW2 Slouch Hats

- Chris
    Last edited by christoh; 04-29-2016 at 03:17 PM.

?

Welcome aboard Chris and Clair!
    Go the Vics!

Oz.

Default slouch hats

Hi my name is Phil I collect slouch hats and Australian uniforms , hello Jerry B, looking at your hat from the picture the eyelets look like they have been repainted red brown and the only hat maker that I know used dark brown liners was Dunkley Akubra . Since the prices went up on WW2 hats , there seems to be a little bit of doggy stuff going on.
    Here is one of my hats I think its 29th/46 th batt
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Aussie WW2 Slouch Hats   Aussie WW2 Slouch Hats  

?

Welcome aboard Phil! Great to see some stunning slouchies.
    Any pics of liners? They really add to the story.

Oz.

Quote by Ubique View Post
    Welcome aboard Phil! Great to see some stunning slouchies.
    Any pics of liners? They really add to the story.

Oz.
    Thanks very much the liner on this ha is a little hard to read , but I will show you anyway , will upload some more of the collection soon
    Its a 1943 government made hat
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Aussie WW2 Slouch Hats  

Here is a hat I just picked up , 2 pioneers batt I have the tunic to go with this one dated 1943
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Aussie WW2 Slouch Hats   Aussie WW2 Slouch Hats  

Aussie WW2 Slouch Hats  

Some great hats on here. Chris, great to see you back into it!

Hi All,

Thought id share this very lucky ebay find. It is a 1945 dated BCOF period 66th Australian infantry battalion hat. The liner is very dry and barely hanging in but the great thing about this hat is the color patch. I have NEVER seen a theater made australian color patch and this has what looks to be a Japanese made, silk color patch!
    Hope you enjoy this one.

Jason

Lovely, Rare!

Thanks René! Not a big BCOF collector but I couldnt let that one go.

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast