Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast

Aussie WW2 Slouch Hats

Article about: Lovely hats! Always wanted to have an example, but never managed to get one yet. Rob

Default Re: Aussie WW2 Slouch Hats

Quote by greimers View Post
    Australian Slouch hats from the First World War onwards are common, regardless of Unit. Of historical importance are those of the Boer War and Boxer Rebellion, of which few exist.
    Attachment 491219Attachment 491219Attachment 491219
    Well WW2 ones are common in my lot, Don't think WW1 ones are common and of course.... these are not historically important !?!!!!

They all are of great historical importance which ever era they are from. I fully agree with you Rene.
    Possibly the best known of all Australian Military icons.
    Cheers
    Dave

AIF
    ?

Don't know if any of you guys saw this go off today...?

Australian WW2 Slouch Hat GC Original w/ Rising Sun Badge Pin | eBay

I added it to my watchlist out of interest to see what sort of price it would realise, well I nearly had a heart attack when I saw the end price
    Obviously two guys with more money than sense battled it out for this hat... I mean yeah sure It's in good condition but It isn't even patched, and for that money I would expect it to be a pre 1942 slouch hat named with an infantry patch.

Quote by AIF View Post
    Don't know if any of you guys saw this go off today...?

Australian WW2 Slouch Hat GC Original w/ Rising Sun Badge Pin | eBay

I added it to my watchlist out of interest to see what sort of price it would realise, well I nearly had a heart attack when I saw the end price
    Obviously two guys with more money than sense battled it out for this hat... I mean yeah sure It's in good condition but It isn't even patched, and for that money I would expect it to be a pre 1942 slouch hat named with an infantry patch.
    Yep Dave pointed it out to me today, bloody hell over $700!?! I suppose it's because we are nearing ANZAC day?

AIF
    ?

Yeah maybe that is it... But Anzac day or not why the hell pay that much for a $300 hat...

Gday Fella's
    I know where you are Luke. I've seen two go for over $700 ea. on EBay over the last two weekends both nothing special. Madness I feel.
    Missed that small pack out of the UK last night, Way to pricey in the end for it's condition. Next time

AIF
    ?

Quote by Thanatos View Post
    Gday Fella's
    I know where you are Luke. I've seen two go for over $700 ea. on EBay over the last two weekends both nothing special. Madness I feel.
    Missed that small pack out of the UK last night, Way to pricey in the end for it's condition. Next time
    Not to worry mate another will come up soon, I'm still waiting to hear back from old mate about the other two, I will let you know when I hear from him.

Cheers Luke

AIF
    ?

Since it's close to Anzac day and all i will add a couple of my hats to the thread...

First up is a really nice early war original 1940 dated 2/12th (Tasmanian) Infantry battalion hat.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Aussie WW2 Slouch Hats   Aussie WW2 Slouch Hats  

Aussie WW2 Slouch Hats   Aussie WW2 Slouch Hats  

AIF
    ?

And one from the other end of the spectrum a late war 1945 dated 9th division HQ hat.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Aussie WW2 Slouch Hats   Aussie WW2 Slouch Hats  

Aussie WW2 Slouch Hats   Aussie WW2 Slouch Hats  

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast