Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast

Aussie WW2 Slouch Hats

Article about: Lovely hats! Always wanted to have an example, but never managed to get one yet. Rob

Default Re: Aussie WW2 Slouch Hats

I just realized I never posted my slouchie in this topic. I have a 1943 example, sadly the colour patch had been removed before I bought it. Nice example though and good shape. Need to get better pics though, as these date back to when I received it

Jason

Aussie WW2 Slouch HatsAussie WW2 Slouch HatsAussie WW2 Slouch HatsAussie WW2 Slouch HatsAussie WW2 Slouch Hats

AIF
    ?

She's a nice hat Jason! It is a shame that the colour patch being missing, but that isn't a problem It's still a great hat... Any slouch hat is a good hat in books

Brilliant thank you for your help, I thought it probably was a ww2 example, just never had an unmarked one.I can undrstand just like the UK there was mountains of unissued kit sitting in stores.cheers Nathan

AIF
    ?

Not a problem mate! Do you know roughly what size it is? I have a couple of spare unissued WW2 pugarees here but they are a small - medium size.

I thought it would be OK to add my British slouch hat.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Aussie WW2 Slouch Hats   Aussie WW2 Slouch Hats  

Aussie WW2 Slouch Hats   Aussie WW2 Slouch Hats  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

AIF
    ?

No Jerry it's not OK!!!

Haha Just kidding mate. Nice hat any story with the signatures on it?

Quote by AIF View Post
    No Jerry it's not OK!!!

Haha Just kidding mate. Nice hat any story with the signatures on it?
    It appears to have been signed with best wishes and other dedications by a number of different people to Ernie "skipper" Williams and it came with a Khaki solar hat badged to the RAOC and one of the names of the people who signed it was traced in the London Gazette as being an officer in the RAOC, so it is likely that both belonged to the same person. Other than this no information is known and as Williams is a very common name I was not able to trace him in the Gazette.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Hi thank you for offer but I think they would probably be a bit small, the cap is a masive size at least 7 1/2 it comes down over ears when put on, I think that could be the reason it was unissued.I have a wreaked pith helmet, I am going to see if the pugaree will fit the cap.cheers Nathan

These are just beautiful hats.
    I still have to add one to my collection.
    Cheers
    Nuno

OK so you know i wanted one,now i have one but unfortunately it will just have to be a filler till i get the real deal.
    I got it off EBay and i jumped in without doing my homework.After a quick PM to Luke i realized my mistake,but was too late to retract bid.(by the way the description changed after i first looked at it,then i didnt look at the description again till it was too late)
    Its missing the sweatband and the hook that attaches to the side,also the badge looks like its been put on at a later time.
    Chalk one up for experience
    Can someone say something nice about it to make me feel better
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Aussie WW2 Slouch Hats   Aussie WW2 Slouch Hats  

Aussie WW2 Slouch Hats  

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast