Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Aussie WW2 Slouch Hats

Article about: Lovely hats! Always wanted to have an example, but never managed to get one yet. Rob

Default Re: Aussie WW2 Slouch Hats

OK

got some pics, not very good Im afraid and please note they were used for auctions. Will try and sort some better ones out later of those I have left.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Aussie WW2 Slouch Hats   Aussie WW2 Slouch Hats  

Aussie WW2 Slouch Hats   Aussie WW2 Slouch Hats  

Hey Fellas,
    Can someone post a closeup pic of a hook and eye connection,especially how the eye is attached (sewn)to the brim.
    Thanks Mick

Quote by aussie mick View Post
    Hey Fellas,
    Can someone post a closeup pic of a hook and eye connection,especially how the eye is attached (sewn)to the brim.
    Thanks Mick
    This is the best I can show as most of mine have snaps

Thanks Rene,
    I worked out how its sewn on ,this is the Hook Catch & Loop Clip i meant.
    Got 4 sets for 6 Bucks,so if any one wants a set ive got 3 more
    Mick
    Attached Images Attached Images Aussie WW2 Slouch Hats 

Dear all, another couple! Again, I am sorry for the quality of the pictures. First out, a salty Police hat. Not technically a slouchy but still...Aussie WW2 Slouch HatsAussie WW2 Slouch Hats

Attachment 518049Attachment 518050Next my Digging hat, I would guess a private purchase Akubra with added badge. Used on many expeditions in Latvia over the years.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Aussie WW2 Slouch Hats   Aussie WW2 Slouch Hats  

Final ones...

Hi all you "slouchie" fanatics!! I will just add my one(which most of you will have seen already)to this GREAT thread. It is I am informed an Australian made "transistional" example from 1942,that has been used by the British REME(Royal Electrical Mechanical Engineers).It has it's leather chinstrap that is complete and in great supple condition(although I took it off it,s hooks for storage) but the headband was period removed.Looking at some of the crazy prices people seem to be paying for these,i am very pleased that my £15.00 on this one was well spent!!Aussie WW2 Slouch HatsAussie WW2 Slouch HatsAussie WW2 Slouch HatsAussie WW2 Slouch HatsAussie WW2 Slouch HatsAussie WW2 Slouch Hats I thank all you "Aussie" chaps who helped me out on this one as it is not my area! Leon.

?

Ever since I had a box of these.....

Aussie WW2 Slouch Hats

I've wanted to own a slouch hat, and thanks to this thread I finally got my backside in gear and bought one.

It's a 1942 dated, a bit of damage to the head band and the unit patch is missing, but other than that it's in good conditon and I love having it...thanks for the push in the right direction.
    Steve.

Aussie WW2 Slouch Hats

Aussie WW2 Slouch Hats

Aussie WW2 Slouch Hats

Aussie WW2 Slouch Hats

Aussie WW2 Slouch Hats

This is one of my favourite threads.
    Great examples, everyone.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Cheers
    Nuno