Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Austalian Army Slouch Hat ?

Article about: Than you so much gentlemen I was very suprised to find this hat at are local flea market I go there very early in the morning before the public shows up as the dealers are putting out there

?

Default Austalian Army Slouch Hat ?

I came upon this hat on the weekend I have researched it and it comes up as an Australian Army Slouch hat . can any one help me authenticate it as real or not and tell me what the insignia on the front of the cap is or what unit of the armed forces it belongs to any and all help or comments would be appreciated .

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Austalian Army Slouch Hat ?   Austalian Army Slouch Hat ?  

Austalian Army Slouch Hat ?   Austalian Army Slouch Hat ?  

Last edited by Mark K; 08-30-2011 at 04:52 AM. Reason: ADD INFO

Default Re: Austalian Army Slouch Hat ?

To me it looks to be a R.A.A.F (Air Force) slouch!

-Joshua

?

Thanks Joshua are they still in use today ? And I did not relize that the diffrent branches of the servce used them helpfull info .

Regards Mark K

?

Hi Mark, its all correct and a very nice clean hat indeed good head size most are very small. Good maker and 1971 era . "Air Force". If you come across an Australian hat with brown/sandy coloured eyelets it could be "possibly WW2 and always worth a second look" to buy if you collect OZ hats .Your eyelets are the later green colour.

Cheer's,Mark

?

Thanks gentlemen best fiver I ever spent to be shur First Australian Defence forces Item I own it will take its place and be displayed with honor my other headgear in my display case ...

Regards Mark K

Very Nice Royal Australian Air Force slouchy, and as mentioned Vietnam issue. A much revered hat!

Quote by Mark View Post
    Hi Mark, its all correct and a very nice clean hat indeed good head size most are very small. Good maker and 1971 era . "Air Force". If you come across an Australian hat with brown/sandy coloured eyelets it could be "possibly WW2 and always worth a second look" to buy if you collect OZ hats .Your eyelets are the later green colour.

Cheer's,Mark
    Just a heads up on the vent colouring - ya can also find WW2 dated in the green colour.

?

Hi Rene, I have only seen the brown/sandy coloured eyelets myself but point taken thank you for the info. Going of the post here a little bit , I used to have an Australian 1950's Olympic games Military Volunteer issue made by Fair-field of Melbourne. I used to wear it myself on a daily bases in summer and it was stolen out of my car It had the green colour eyelets also.

Cheer's,Mark

The plain fact is they are a very practical item of dress in a hot or cold climate, either in the field or on parade-the army has worn it where ever it has been engaged since the Boer War-Army service designation is 'Hat, Khaki Fur Felt' (KFF)-made out of rabbit fur, a material that Australia isn't likely to run short of any time soon!

Quote by Mark View Post
    Hi Rene, I have only seen the brown/sandy coloured eyelets myself but point taken thank you for the info. Going of the post here a little bit , I used to have an Australian 1950's Olympic games Military Volunteer issue made by Fair-field of Melbourne. I used to wear it myself on a daily bases in summer and it was stolen out of my car It had the green colour eyelets also.

Cheer's,Mark
    G'day Mark,

No worries. Here's some of my WW2 ones - https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/USA-b...ch-hats-15650/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast