Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Australian Slouch Hat - Military?

Article about: Greetings all, I purchased this hat thinking it was a modern military hat with a WWII era badge on it. While the hat badge is indeed a WWII era K G Luke, I am not convinced the hat is milita

Default Australian Slouch Hat - Military?

Greetings all,
    I purchased this hat thinking it was a modern military hat with a WWII era badge on it.
    While the hat badge is indeed a WWII era K G Luke, I am not convinced the hat is military at all. The only markings on the band are "Genuine Leather'. No arrow or manufactures mark. It is very well made thing so perhaps a high end replica? I am not aware of servicemen being issued with hats without the broad arrow.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Australian Slouch Hat - Military?   Australian Slouch Hat - Military?  

Australian Slouch Hat - Military?   Australian Slouch Hat - Military?  

It does look well made. I don't know about Australia but in the British forces it is very common for personnel to wear private purchase headdress, berets in particular but also No1 dress (visor) hats, which are or at least are perceived to be (often a matter of affectation/fashion) of better quality / appearance. Perhaps this is such but that doesn't explain the WWII cap badge beyond the possibility that someone bought the hat to display the badge?

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Post war private purchase slouchie, not impossible to have military use, but not with that badge, possibly used by a wartime veteran for anzac day or similar...