Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Australian ww2 slouch hats

Article about: Here are another 3 of my collection , you may like to see. All ww2. Artillery Heavy Batteries dated 1941 , brim binding an clip , this is my earliest dated hat , I have others but no liner .

?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Australia have been involved in every major campaign the USA have been since 45!
    Lets not forget WWI Rene. ;-D

Oz.

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Basic pouch he is wearing is the 44 patt used in Korea not issued during WW2
    I don't know, could be a later Mk. III Basic Pouch with quick release closure too? I think those were issued on a limited scale late in WW2.

On an image search that sniper photo comes up as WWII, Sniper P. Ennis, First Australian Infantry, about to go on patrol with No. 1 Mk. III rifle and P18 scope..im worried about that name lol, but apparently thats it..ill have to try and get it up at the AWM archives

hawhaahaw!!!!! "try and get it up", nice tongue in cheek ;-) Probably purely unintentional, a Freudian slip?

Somebody colorized the photo?

To my untrained eye, the pouch looks like all the other ones to me, but probably a slight difference that's beyond the grasp of the casual collector.

I remember when these pouches were aplenty, a lot in Blanco... but alas they are no more at the local Army Surplus stores...

Interesting photo , i'd say it's Vietnam judging by his slouch hat has hook and eye, all
    Korean hats very press stud unless the soldier was in ww2 and used his old hat.

I meant to were instead of very press

?

There are 67 Ennis who served in WWII on the AWM Nominal Roll, but only one "P" ... Patricia Ennis.
    No Ennis served in Korea.

Oz.

?

And a Peter Ennis served in Vietnam, in the Navy.

Oz.

Quote by Ubique View Post
    Lets not forget WWI Rene. ;-D

Oz.
    WW1&2 & before King & Country!

Quote by wizardman View Post
    On an image search that sniper photo comes up as WWII, Sniper P. Ennis, First Australian Infantry, about to go on patrol with No. 1 Mk. III rifle and P18 scope..im worried about that name lol, but apparently thats it..ill have to try and get it up at the AWM archives
    1st Australian Infantry must mean 1RAR? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1st_Ba...alian_Regiment

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast