Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

British army officers SD cap

Article about: I bought this yesterday and it arrived today, many thanks to the seller. It has the wartime issue plastic economy GS list cap badge and GS list brass buttons. Condition is very good with som

Default British army officers SD cap

I bought this yesterday and it arrived today, many thanks to the seller. It has the wartime issue plastic economy GS list cap badge and GS list brass buttons. Condition is very good with some fading, but no mothing or other damage except the missing makers label. I have been after one of these caps for a long time and I am very pleased to get this one in such good condition and for a sensible price.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British army officers SD cap   British army officers SD cap  

British army officers SD cap  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Default Re: British army officers SD cap

A splendid cap Jerry, well done. I have several of these but none in such superb condition. I'm keen on those plastic badges too.

Thanks Douglas.

The plastic badge which appears to be original to it is a good indicator of the date of this example, as otherwise they can be hard to date as they continue in use into the postwar period without any clear changes.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Very beautiful cap Jerry.
    Excellent condition also.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

A classic bit of kit.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Hello Jerry, very nice, one that is on my list as a matter of fact.

?

Badge is for General Service Officer, not part of any regiment or corps, and I would think rather scarce. Nice cap.

BobS

Hi Jerry - congrats on checking off another one from your want list. Beautiful cap, and superb condition. Not much room to uprade from this one

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

nice one