Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

British/Aussie sidecap

Article about: hello, i picked up this side cap some time ago from a guy who said the owner was in england in 1940/41 before being deployed to the western desert, hence the aussie badge. So i believe this

4md
    ?

Default British/Aussie sidecap

hello, i picked up this side cap some time ago from a guy who said the owner was in england in 1940/41 before being deployed to the western desert, hence the aussie badge. So i believe this is british made and issued to one of the AIF units that were in the UK
    I regret not chasing up the more info from the seller as regards to the unit and name of the soldier
    i think it is dated 2 40 or 2 41

regards Paul
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British/Aussie sidecap   British/Aussie sidecap  

British/Aussie sidecap   British/Aussie sidecap  

British/Aussie sidecap   British/Aussie sidecap  

Default Re: British/Aussie sidecap

Hi Paul, nice example. It will most likely be 1941.

I regret not asking more questions about some of my earlier buys too.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Gday Paul,
    I think the Australian 18th Brigade was in the UK between I believe June 1940 until November 1940 under a then Brigadier Leslie Morshead .It was then transfered to the 9th division and sent to North Africa.
    May be the origins of your side cap.She's a cool bit of A.I.F. history,very nice mate.
    Cheers
    Dave

4md
    ?

Cheers Ade/ Dave

I was flicking through a book on the 2/9th battlion ( I havnt read yet ). The 2/9th was part of the 18th brigade which like you said Dave was in England. The 18th brigade was initially part of the 6th division and was transfered to the 7th division not the 9th. The 18th ended up in Tobruk with the 9th div during the seige but fought the rest of the war with the 7th.....i think this is right
    anyway its possible this is an 18th brigade cap

regards Paul