Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

British Bush Hat (Slouch)

Article about: The British introduced a tinfoil liner inside the sun helmet in c1942-43, which fits with the date of your slouch -here's one from my collection-. A mate has one of these slouch hats, Britis

Default Re: British Bush Hat (Slouch)

The British introduced a tinfoil liner inside the sun helmet in c1942-43, which fits with the date of your slouch -here's one from my collection-. A mate has one of these slouch hats, British made, it has no foil lining , but sadly I can't remember the date it was made.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Bush Hat (Slouch)   British Bush Hat (Slouch)  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Last edited by reneblacky; 10-10-2018 at 11:35 PM. Reason: redundant post

Great to see the reposted pics mate. An interesting example and not typical, 5 vents, the zig zag liner mount and the tinfoil dome liner are not seen often on these, bloody nice example and I would have it in shot if you ever want to part with it.
    Regards,

Jerry

I remembered seeing one by this maker, 5 vents, the same zig zag liner mount but it has had its liner foil removed, or at least most of it has been with just a few traces remaining, a 44 dated example and a 45 dated example all the same except with no trace of the foil, though of course any traces of it might not have been visible in the pictures. So perhaps not that uncommon after all.
    Regards,

Jerry

Thought I'd resurrect this old thread (as the membership has grown since) to see if anyone has a similar example to show?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3