Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

British commando wool hat?

Article about: Hello guys! I got this wool hat from a freind and he says it belonged to the British comandos during ww2? What does the forum say? What is it Worth? Thanks! // Pakkonen

Default British commando wool hat?

Hello guys!
    I got this wool hat from a freind and he says it belonged to the British comandos during ww2? What does the forum say?
    What is it Worth?
    Thanks! // Pakkonen
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British commando wool hat?   British commando wool hat?  

This item of kit was not just for the Commandos.

The Cap comforter was universal issue.

Looks original.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    This item of kit was not just for the Commandos.

The Cap comforter was universal issue.

Looks original.
    Absolutely correct. They were worn by commando troops commonly but as Ade says they were issued universally and there is much photographic evidence of this. They are surprisingly often seen used in N.Africa. This is a wartime one, looks like 1943 on my mobile phone but they were still issued into at least the '80s and were often worn by recruits in training before they had "earned the right" to wear a regimental beret and badge!

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

I assume these are responsible for people of a certain age to think these are Commando caps.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British commando wool hat?   British commando wool hat?  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thanks a lot for all the answers! Very helpfull!