Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

British & Commonwealth sun helmets

Article about: And the other odd Foreign service helmet, the Mediterranean Pattern, complete with theater prop department stamps. A lot about this seems correct, but not sure, it was however very cheap and

And the other odd Foreign service helmet, the Mediterranean Pattern, complete with theater prop department stamps. A lot about this seems correct, but not sure, it was however very cheap and displays well.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British & Commonwealth sun helmets  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

South African Artillery. Rich A. in Pa.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British & Commonwealth sun helmets   British & Commonwealth sun helmets  

1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

the SA Artillery pith helmet would not have a spike on the top but a ball.

?

Few picks of my new arrival, inside was a news paper clipping dated 4/12/43. The guy I got it from doesn't think is has any history with the helmet, as it belonged to his Uncle Peter Moon. I added pics out if interest.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British & Commonwealth sun helmets   British & Commonwealth sun helmets  

British & Commonwealth sun helmets   British & Commonwealth sun helmets  

British & Commonwealth sun helmets   British & Commonwealth sun helmets  

I have seen a number of hats and helmets with bits of newspaper stuck in them as padding behind the Sweatband, still very cool as they can give you a really tight date for when the itme was used.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Thought I would add my other as this is a sticky thread, I have posted this on its own previously , so just a couple of pics. The only new pics is after reading one of the post on this thread "have you looked under the sweat band" I did and found this.

British & Commonwealth sun helmets  

?

Can you read that for us please Busman?

Oz.

?

Top line first part worn *th DIV MS , second line AID **** . I will look in better light with a loop tomorrow.

?

I have put a light inside and it actually looks to say 7th DIV RAC & AID RD4
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British & Commonwealth sun helmets  

?

Royal Armoured Corps?

Oz.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast