Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

British/ East African issue slouch hat?

Article about: I recently aquired 2 of these hats that have been in storage for many years. Made by Vero Everitt and unissued they look very similar to Aussie slouch hats but they have just holes as air ve

Default British/ East African issue slouch hat?

I recently aquired 2 of these hats that have been in storage for many years. Made by Vero Everitt and unissued they look very similar to Aussie slouch hats but they have just holes as air vents instead of the metal eyelets usually seen. Could they be East or South African issue hats? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British/ East African issue slouch hat?   British/ East African issue slouch hat?  

British/ East African issue slouch hat?   British/ East African issue slouch hat?  

Default Re: British/ East African issue slouch hat?

I found something similar, but the pics are tiny. Different maker but the shape is identical. This is a West African frontier regiment hat. This is the closest I have been able to find to what I have.
    Attached Images Attached Images British/ East African issue slouch hat?  British/ East African issue slouch hat?  British/ East African issue slouch hat? 

Default Re: British/ East African issue slouch hat?

bigger pics. Notice the vent holes and the thin band.
    Attached Images Attached Images British/ East African issue slouch hat?  British/ East African issue slouch hat?  British/ East African issue slouch hat? 

A cool looking slouchie, British made and an early example I think, perhaps inter wars.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.