Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

British forage/dress and SD cap makers logo's, WWI to now

Article about: A image showing all the variations I have of makers logos on SD or forage caps, ranging in date from circa 1909 to now, certainly up to 2006, with the latest Herbert Johnson possibly still i

Default British forage/dress and SD cap makers logo's, WWI to now

A image showing all the variations I have of makers logos on SD or forage caps, ranging in date from circa 1909 to now, certainly up to 2006, with the latest Herbert Johnson possibly still in use now.

If you have any others not shown can you please add them and the date if you know it?

Please note this thread is just for forage or SD caps, not other forms of headgear such as Berets etc.....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British forage/dress and SD cap makers logo's, WWI to now  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Great stuff Jerry, this is a list I'll certainly be referring to if I see any headgear I fancy/can afford.

Tony

An undated but probably 1930's to 1950's, known to have made military caps, perhaps only during the war years as is known for some other makers.

Is it WWII Officers peaked cap?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British forage/dress and SD cap makers logo's, WWI to now  
    Regards,

Jerry

More cap makers logo's and dates where known. These were borrowed from the two threads on Forage and SD caps.
    Regards,

Jerry

Thanks for posting this Jerry, a very useful thread. The only cap I have with any marks (- the one with a sticker missing) has the moss bros logo in the triangle (30's to 53, would have never known that without this thread) so thanks again.

Matt

Quote by Steelhead10 View Post
    Thanks for posting this Jerry, a very useful thread. The only cap I have with any marks (- the one with a sticker missing) has the moss bros logo in the triangle (30's to 53, would have never known that without this thread) so thanks again.

Matt
    Hi Matt, it really helps us all to see these all in one thread. Perhaps another candidate for a pinned thread.

A few more I have garnered from the web;
    Regards,

Jerry

Default Moss Bross & Co Ltd logo

Hi Jerry,
    Great job Jerry for the different makers logos. I would like to add the logo of Moss Bross & Co Ltd used during WWII. I have this logo on a RAF Officer SD cap. The owner was KIA in 1941. I see also this logo on a WWII WAAF officer cap. I think the logo in a triangle you present as "30's to 53" is just post war (around 1947 when Moss Bros becomes a public company and opens a Women's Department). The logo of WWII is "Moss Bross & Co. Ltd 20-21 King Street Covent Garden" et post war "Moss Bros of Covent Garden The complete man's store". Regards, Jordan

Another to add to this old thread, a late mid-late '40s - '53 ALKIT. It may potentially be earlier, but the uniform this came with has a '53 dated transport ticket within a pocket still.
    I feel as though this thread is and still can be a useful resource for identifiying SD caps.

Matt

I have added some more and must add them here
    Regards,

Jerry