Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

British Officers Cap regiment identification

Article about: Hi all, i just purchased an officers cap online, it was described as Northumberland Fusiliers, however the side buttons don't seem to match that regiment. Can anyone help to identify the reg

Default British Officers Cap regiment identification

Hi all, i just purchased an officers cap online, it was described as Northumberland Fusiliers, however the side buttons don't seem to match that regiment. Can anyone help to identify the regiment on the buttons? Sorry for the quality of the picture, it was from the seller, i do not yet have the cap to hand.

British Officers Cap regiment identification

Cheers
    Harry

Looks like a possible Welsh regiment? one for Jerry B!....

I think it could be, it does have the prince of Wales plume of feathers, it has some letters underneath i think the first two are RW but i can't make out the third.

Cheers
    Harry

Could it be Royal welsh fusiliers?

- - ------- - -

Could it be Royal welsh fusiliers?

Sadly not, they do not match, i contacted the seller he said from what he remembers (its in the post) the letters are PRS.

Cheers
    Harry

Several regiments use that emblem. You really need to show the letters underneath.

I have not got the cap to hand yet, it is still in the post. Once i have it i will upload clearer picture.

Cheers
    Harry

As already mentioned, a number of units used the POW motto above letters and from the pic it is not RWF, it could be Prince of Wales Volunteers South Lancs, though a better pics would help. I have shown the silver and gilt version from the officers coloured FS cap whilst the thread starter is the bronzed version from the SD cap.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Officers Cap regiment identification  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

The RWF looks like this. It is on a coloured FS cap though the type looks more like a mess button than a cap button, but the cap was made in India so that might explain that.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Officers Cap regiment identification  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thank you for the reply, the Prince of Wales Volunteers South Lancs looks spot on, won't know for sure until i get the cap, will post some better pics when it arrives.

Cheers
    Harry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast