Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

British RA SD tunic and Scottish Officer's cap=Deal?

Article about: Hello mates!Some days ago I aquired a 1939 British Royal Artillery SD tunic made at ''Oxford and Cambrigde'' as the tailor's label says.So,to my small question.Ι found a RA officer's dr

Default British RA SD tunic and Scottish Officer's cap=Deal?

Hello mates!Some days ago I aquired a 1939 British Royal Artillery SD tunic made at ''Oxford and Cambrigde'' as the tailor's label says.So,to my small question.Ι found a RA officer's dress cap that tailor's label says ''Edimburgh and Glasgow''.Could an English officer have wear this or it's for an officer at Scottish regiments exclusively.Many Thanks for your time and help

Yes, if it is service dress it is the same pattern of cap and jacket, the label is simply the location of the cap/uniform maker - nothing to do with the uniform specifics. But highland units had different syles of caps with their distinctive cut back jackets service dress.

Hi, The Royal Artillery cap badge for FSD bears the flaming grenade and the motto "Ubique" which means "everywhere". Officers of the RA and all other regiments of the Army can purchase items of uniform from any uniform outlet be it in any of the countries of the union or indeed overseas. Ergo, any or every where. Try not to be too specific in trying to idenentify a Uniform from the labels. An officer of the London Rifles on detachment to a unit in Scotland and needs a new cap, he is likely to go into Glasgow and buy one and put his badge to it. Likewise if he was stationed in Hong Kong. Where a uniform item was purchased need have no relationship to the badge. By way of an example, I have a set of uniforms once worn by an RAF Air Officer. Some items were made in London, some in Cyprus and most in the USA?? Not a problem.
    Good question but nothing to worry about.
    Cheers MR

Many Thanks for your answers mate!