Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

British Slouch Hat thoughts...?

Article about: Actually, I'm not desperate for help......I guess we all have items tucked away somewhere we bought 'because they were cheap'. Well , this is mine - which has just reappeared due to rearrang

Question British Slouch Hat thoughts...?

Actually, I'm not desperate for help......I guess we all have items tucked away somewhere we bought 'because they were cheap'. Well , this is mine - which has just reappeared due to rearranging my house

I saw it in a North London junk shop in 2001 for £10, so thought it'd be rude not to......I know absolutely nothing about these at all. Any thoughts, anyone ?

Absolutely mint looking example, nicely war time dated but probably unissued going by the pictures, a bargain price even if bought in 2001. A warning as the moths love to eat these, but it appears to have mostly escaped the little monsters so far.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thumbs up

Thanks for the reply, Anon ! I'd began to think that this was going to sink without trace.....

IIRC the same shop had some private items including a travelling trunk from the same house clearance ; the owner was formerly an artillery officer. The hat really seems never to have been worn - there's not a trace of staining. Thanks for the moth warning - it came with a tiny mark where something seems to have commenced a nibble before moving on to something else......

A superb hat and a bargain. These are now quiet expensive, especially in this condition. I recently paid £75 for one with minor moth damage.

That's one very nice fur felt (even if it is British made ) .
    Beautiful condition and a great price. I would be happy with it for sure.
    I do like the makers pressing on the liner of these. Very classy.

Well done again mate

All the best

Dave