Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

British Visor Cap- Leeds Rifles

Article about: Hi guys, I came across this the other day and paid \\$30 for it. I would like to know what it is exactly, what era it's from, what the green thing is, and some info on the unit. This is far ou

Default British Visor Cap- Leeds Rifles

Hi guys,

I came across this the other day and paid $30 for it. I would like to know what it is exactly, what era it's from, what the green thing is, and some info on the unit. This is far outside of my collecting field so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks guys!
    Mo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Visor Cap- Leeds Rifles   British Visor Cap- Leeds Rifles  

British Visor Cap- Leeds Rifles   British Visor Cap- Leeds Rifles  

British Visor Cap- Leeds Rifles   British Visor Cap- Leeds Rifles  

Just bumping this up so it doesn't get lost...

A nice cap Mo and dates to the early post WWII period. the green patch is probably a brigade or similar unit insignia, probably battalion. It is for an officer of the 7th Bn Leed Rifles Prince of Wale's own west Yorkshire regiment and dates to 1956 -1958.

West Yorkshire Regiment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

West Yorksire Regiment Leeds rifles.The method of the badge being fixed will determine its age (slider or lugg etc)
    PS You got a good deal. A badge sold on evil bay last month I think it was for 12 pounds 60 pence (just over 20 dollars)

Hi guys, thanks for the help! The cap badge is affixed with one of these bobby pin things:
    Attached Images Attached Images British Visor Cap- Leeds Rifles 

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    Hi guys, thanks for the help! The cap badge is affixed with one of these bobby pin things:
    That is the correct type of fixing for some British cap badges, typical for Officers Silver and Gilt badges and other badges mounted on lugs.. A good pick up for the price Mo, you can't go wrong, I would have snapped it up at that price.
    Regards,

Jerry

What do these usually go for? I actually thought I might have overpaid. Like I said, this stuff is way out of my realm.

It depends on how uncommon the regiment is and if the badge is original to it. They start at about £20-30 for a stripped cap, even post WWII can attract a good price if the regiment is uncommon and desirable, but sadly I could not say for this unit, but price is certainly good IMO.
    Regards,

Jerry

Lovely cap, a few years ago I was lucky enough to be part of an honour guard for a commemoration for the Leeds Rifles in Leeds. There is a very good memorial in Leeds City Centre:

Thanks guys!