Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Can anyone ID these US Coast Guard Visors please?????

Article about: Hi All, Some assistance in identification of the ranks of the wearers of the first five caps would be greatly appreciated as I am having dificulty in doing so. All are wearing the old patter

Default Can anyone ID these US Coast Guard Visors please?????

Hi All, Some assistance in identification of the ranks of the wearers of the first five caps would be greatly appreciated as I am having dificulty in doing so. All are wearing the old pattern badges which without the enameled disc is currently worn by junior rates I believe. All have officer type chin straps some in gold and some in silver??? Any assistance would by greatly appreciated!!!!
    Cheers Michael R

Can anyone ID these US Coast Guard Visors please?????Can anyone ID these US Coast Guard Visors please?????Can anyone ID these US Coast Guard Visors please?????Can anyone ID these US Coast Guard Visors please?????Can anyone ID these US Coast Guard Visors please?????

The caps are:

1. Tan without manufacturer's detail and un named. Gold metal badge and gold chinstrap with early wicker frame. Gold Eagle buttons.
    2. Tan by KINGFORM and un named. Silver embroidered anchors with gold central device and gold chinstrap. Early wicker frame and silver anchor buttons.
    3. Tan without manufacturer's detail and un named. Silver metral anchors with gold central device and silver chinstrap. Early wicker frame and silver Eagle buttons.
    4. Tan by BANCROFT 50 YEARS (Zephyr) and un named. Gold metal badge and gold chinstrap with wicker frame. Gold anchor buttons.
    5. Ditto by S. APPEL AND CO.

I believe that the USCG Auxilliary went through several uniform evolutions in the relatvely recent past but I am unable to trace the changes.

Not a subject I know anything about sorry. But drop a line to Paul R. He is a serving member of the Coast Guard.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/member.php?u=530

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi Ade, Thank you very much for your message and the link to Paul R. I have sent him a message and am looking forward to hearing from him. So, once again, thank you Cheers MR