Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Canadian FS cap with RWF badge

Article about: On its way to me, a good Canadian made FS cap, Toronto maker and 42 dated I think, still with its Canada buttons on the front but with unusually a WWI period RWF economy cap badge fitted to

Default Canadian FS cap with RWF badge

On its way to me, a good Canadian made FS cap, Toronto maker and 42 dated I think, still with its Canada buttons on the front but with unusually a WWI period RWF economy cap badge fitted to it. It might have been added by someone post war who had no idea about such things or perhaps was used by a WWI Vet serving with the Homeguard or ????. No idea and perhaps impossible to tell when the badge was added. I do however have another Canadian made FS cap, still with its Canada buttons and though it was missing its badge it does have a service number written inside it which is for the British Royal Army Ordnance Corps, so it seems that Canadian caps were used by the British. It is well known that Canadian BD's were used by the British so perhaps or even probably lots of Canadian gear was used.

Anyone have any knowledge on this that they can add would be appreciated. I do assume in this case that the badge has been added later, but the other with the serial number I have seems right.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Canadian FS cap with RWF badge   Canadian FS cap with RWF badge  

Canadian FS cap with RWF badge   Canadian FS cap with RWF badge  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

It arrived. There are clear signs that it has had other badge(s) on it from multiple holes. Also signs of having had the crown pinched shut with paper clips for long enough to leave stains in the fabric and also unusually it has had extra hooks fitted to the skirt, perhaps for a chin strap, not seen this before.

The maker mark appears to be 1942 dated. Size 7 & 1/8ths, Toronto and made by Rayman Cap Co I think, the same maker as the other Canadian FS cap I own. Anyone up on Canadian makers who can chip in on this would be a help. Canadian Universal pattern FS Cap

The RWF badge appears to be a good original WWI period economy issue.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Canadian FS cap with RWF badge   Canadian FS cap with RWF badge  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.