Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Canadian OR's Winter Cap

Article about: Hi all. Found 4 of these Canadian Other Rank's Winter Caps in a surplus store the other day but can't seem to find much about them on the net apart from what they are. Does anyone know the r

Default Canadian OR's Winter Cap

Hi all. Found 4 of these Canadian Other Rank's Winter Caps in a surplus store the other day but can't seem to find much about them on the net apart from what they are. Does anyone know the rough value/scarcity of these as I have never seen them before. All 4 are wartime dated. Cheers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Canadian OR's Winter Cap   Canadian OR's Winter Cap  

Default Re: Canadian OR's Winter Cap

Nice find!

These are not rare, but I cannot find one for sale online at the moment to give you a rough idea on current values. If you paid under £35/£40 each I think you did well.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I paid £3 each sooooo, that sounds good to me

In these days of high prices, it is nice to hear of a bargain!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Good score for that price and it is good to see that bargains can still be had.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Here is a pic of my Grandfather wearing his in 1942 just before going overseas. As far as I know, these were not worn overseas.

Canadian OR's Winter Cap

Yes, i agree with mk1rceme, these were Canadian home service only. They are fairly common over here...

Rob

Cheers for the reply's guys. Thats a nice photo mk1rceme.