Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Cold War Netherlands Army Cap, German Maker, 1974

Article about: Hi all. Wasn't sure where to put this so please move if in the incorrect section of the forum. Picked this Netherlands Army officer's cap and was interested to see if was made by a German co

Default Cold War Netherlands Army Cap, German Maker, 1974

Hi all. Wasn't sure where to put this so please move if in the incorrect section of the forum. Picked this Netherlands Army officer's cap and was interested to see if was made by a German company. I was hoping for a bit more insight into this is possible. I was wondering for example whether all Dutch caps from this period were made in Germany and also what cap badge would be appropriate for it? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cold War Netherlands Army Cap, German Maker, 1974   Cold War Netherlands Army Cap, German Maker, 1974  

Cold War Netherlands Army Cap, German Maker, 1974   Cold War Netherlands Army Cap, German Maker, 1974  

An interesting cap, i've noticed quite a few Dutch cloth items made in Germany!...

I understand if an officers cap the badge was similar to this, if an other ranks cap the badge would be a simple brass coloured lion.

Not all were made in Germany, here's my Dutch airforce cap made in Breda

Cheers Rene, is there a date on your cap?

Quote by Spitace41 View Post
    Cheers Rene, is there a date on your cap?
    I haven't played with this one for years, no date that I recall, I'd say it's early 50's at a guess?

Default Dutch cap with the brass lion

Hi guys,

Here's a pic of a dutch cap with the brass lion.

Greetings, Marinus

That's a lovely looking cap. I will keep my eyes open for a cap badge, although it is not really in my area of interest it would look nicer. Not sure if mine ever had a chinstrap?

Quote by Spitace41 View Post
    That's a lovely looking cap. I will keep my eyes open for a cap badge, although it is not really in my area of interest it would look nicer. Not sure if mine ever had a chinstrap?
    I think they all had straps mate!......