Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Coloured FS caps period guide

Article about: Though this is a book, I thought it would go well here, published in 1941 and is the book that BL Davis used to base his table of coloured caps on. It needs to post more than 10 pics so it w

The caps are:

1. RAVC OR cap with QC AA badge etc.
    2. RPC OR cap with KC brass badge etc.
    3. Staff SO cap with embroidered QC badge and gilt buttons. Note poor definition of curtain outline.
    4. Staff SO cap with embroidered KC badge and gilt buttons. Note high definition of curtain outline especially in comparison with item 3.
    5. GO cap with embroidered QC badge and gilt buttons.

Another 2nd Boer war pic with FS caps. Borrowed from the Victorian wars forum.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Coloured FS caps period guide  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Quote by Michael Ryan View Post
    hi Jerry and Hi Luc, Re your conversation about the grey piped chip. May I respectfully suggest that it may be Army Catering Corps. Their facings and cap welts are grey and, I would imagine that, their FSC piping is probably also grey????
    Cheers MR
    Excellent suggestion Michael, I will contact the RLC museum if they can confirm. Or is there anyone from around Camberly to stop by the museum?

?

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Another 2nd Boer war pic with FS caps. Borrowed from the Victorian wars forum.
    Hi Jerry
    Nicely borrowed from the Victorian thread !!
    below is a early 21st century example dating from the Boer war period the buttons are made by Harrison and smith ltd Birmingham and have a imperial / kings crown pictured next to a leather WWI example . no markings to the cap .
    Steve

Last edited by ASR142; 12-01-2014 at 10:35 PM.

?

I know these are not army examples but I think worth a show in the side cap thread the 1st being a RAF Apprentices example which is 1939 dated these also have a green band around them , the bands represent what level / year the apprentice is in .

2nd Example is a RAF tropical example for a officer cadet locally made example and dates from WWII no markings to it .

3rd example is A South African Air Force example which is dated but a bit blurred .

Quote by ASR142 View Post
    Hi Jerry
    Nicely borrowed from the Victorian thread !!
    below is a early 21st century example dating from the Boer war period the buttons are made by Harrison and smith ltd Birmingham and have a imperial / kings crown pictured next to a leather WWI example . no markings to the cap .
    Steve
    A nice example Steve good to see an early one.
    Regards,

Jerry

The RAF officer cadet is good to see as is the apprentice banded examples.
    Regards,

Jerry

Does anyone know of a UK company that makes coloured FS caps to order ? I'd like to get hold of a couple of FS caps for extinct Yeomanry regiments.
    Thanks.

DavidH

Add a few more, RA or's and though not strictly a coloured FS but a Glengarry, Welsh regiment late Victorian period.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Coloured FS caps period guide   Coloured FS caps period guide  

Regards,

Jerry

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast