Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

does anyone know the age of this aussie service cap ?

Article about: got this aussies service cap off a lady that has been buying various military gear the last 20 yrs or so mainly hats from garage sales . she decided to get rid of the military hats and I was

Default does anyone know the age of this aussie service cap ?

does anyone know the age of this aussie  service cap ?does anyone know the age of this aussie  service cap ?does anyone know the age of this aussie  service cap ?

got this aussies service cap off a lady that has been buying various military gear the last 20 yrs or so mainly hats from garage sales . she decided to get rid of the military hats and I was lucky enough to buy some of them . I'll post a thread of the finds soon. I researched the make Commonwealth government clothing company and it said it was founded in 1912 what other examples I'v been able to find are very scarce in detail . I think it may be dated between 1930's and 1950's going by the label design the one I'v come across after that seem to have a date . that being said I have little or no knowledge on such things . if anyone has any info or can get a more accurate date to this cap I'd appreciate it .

AIF
    ?

Hi mate nice cap, shame about the missing buttons and chin strap... The cap would date from the mid 1950's to 1960's... CGCF has been around for a long time but has only been going by that name from around the mid 1950's before that it went under the name of MTX (Melbourne Textiles)

Hope this helps

Cheers Luke.

cheers mate

?

Is the sweat band leather or vinyl? If vinyl it could be 70's-80's. These were still worn in the 90's in this style.

Oz