Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

FANY (WTS) Bonnet

Article about: Hi Guys, here is another item from Lez's collection. This is the "beret" worn by the FANY (First Aid Nursing Yeomanry) Womens Transport Service. It was officially called a "Bo

Default FANY (WTS) Bonnet

Hi Guys, here is another item from Lez's collection.

This is the "beret" worn by the FANY (First Aid Nursing Yeomanry) Womens Transport Service. It was officially called a "Bonnet".

All items of uniform worn by the FANY's was of private purchase and most of it was of very high quality, coming from the best high class London outfitters. The ladies who joined FANY were generally of the upper middle class and could afford to buy from the officially recommended stores.

Note the Bronze cap badge and maroon backing flash.

This example is named to a lady called "Stronge". This bonnet was bought direct from FANY HQ some years ago and we were told it belonged to a former member who was part of SOE.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture FANY (WTS) Bonnet   FANY (WTS) Bonnet  

FANY (WTS) Bonnet   FANY (WTS) Bonnet  

FANY (WTS) Bonnet  

Default Re: FANY (WTS) Bonnet

This is one of my favourite items from my collection. I love the look, quality and the history behind it.

Cheers, Lez.

Hi Larissa,
    I got a FANY bonnet last year name to a lady call E.M. Christmas. I expect her middle name is "Mary"
    I mean how can you forget that name. At first I thought it was a code name for an SOE, maybe it is? Anyway I never had much luck finding anything from the FANY office themselves because they don't release information but others have more help so it seems. All they told me was they knew about her and that she passed away recently. Not sure if you might be able to find out from them?

Hi, I will ask about her next time I contact them. What a great name!

Cheers, Lez.

Quote by larissa View Post
    Hi, I will ask about her next time I contact them. What a great name!

Cheers, Lez.
    Thanks Lez,
    I have both her FANY dress hat and bonnet.

I have the bonnet and cap to a FANY named Keen. Any chance that you can look her up too, if you have the means. Thanks!

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

You would need to contact the FANY HQ for this yourself.

But please show your items, as I know the members would love to see them.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!