Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Field cap well used

Article about: Was at an antique show today and picked this cap up . I like it a lot. On the way home the wife spotted this Snow Owl . You just don't see these owls in upstate NY. It was a very good day. G

?

Default Field cap well used

Was at an antique show today and picked this cap up . I like it a lot. On the way home the wife spotted this Snow Owl . You just don't see these owls in upstate NY. It was a very good day. Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Field cap well used   Field cap well used  

Field cap well used   Field cap well used  

Field cap well used   Field cap well used  

Any idea on the date of it? The wartime ones I have seen either have wire mesh covered vent holes or are just sewn around the edge. It looks good and not something I see for sale or know that much about. The owl is cool.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

This is ww2 issue?
    We Aussies used them in Korea and Vietnam and called them 'giggle hats'.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Jerry the hat came out in Jan. 41 the first ones had only one vent hole then they went to two vent holes just don't know when they made the change. after that they went to the mesh covered vents

?

Denmark yes this is WWII issue. The old saying if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Quote by RH1941 View Post
    Jerry the hat came out in Jan. 41 the first ones had only one vent hole then they went to two vent holes just don't know when they made the change. after that they went to the mesh covered vents
    I know they were first issued during WWII, though did not know they came out so early or the chronology/details of them, thanks for explaining.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Really nice -- Has that Pacific feel!

?

I agree Rene when I first saw the cap it screamed I was in a jungle take me home. Gary

- - ------- - -

I agree Rene when I first saw the cap it screamed I was in a jungle take me home. Gary

Quote by RH1941 View Post

- - ------- - -

Yep for sure

?

Danmark the US also had a M1934 water-repellant full brim hat that looked very much like this it also had a leather sweatband. Gary

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast