Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

French kepi

Article about: hello and happy new year first of all... i found this kepi today and have been trying to identify what its branch of service is and have been finding it hard to do. so i would like to ask if

can
    ?

French kepiFrench kepiFrench kepiFrench kepiFrench kepi

Hello All, Thank you Carfin for your expertise. The first photo is a closer shot of the galon and crown. The other kepi is a current 1990's anyway of a LE Sgt. Chef. I'm told also would be correct for a Corporal Chef with more than 15 years service. Joe

Hello gentlemen,

Bob, a képi for the ONF employée (Office National des Forêts) is black with a horn in the middle of the front, with or without horn buttons. The buttons with insignia (horn, flaming bomb, crossing cannon etc)are only to personalize the képi. It is the only thing that you can change on an official képi.
    2 photos of ONF képis.
    Best regards from Alsace , France.
    Carfin.

French kepiFrench kepi

Hello gentlemen,

On the Joe's photos, you have the perfect example of a flaming bomb on a regular officer's képi & the flaming bomb with 7 pics on a Foreing Legion subalterne NCO képi.
    Carfin.

ADH
    ?

Default French Kepi

I recently purchased this kepi and would be hopeful if someone were able to advise on the likely era for this m35. It has a leather peak, but no markings inside. Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.French kepiFrench kepiFrench kepiFrench kepiFrench kepiFrench kepiFrench kepiFrench kepiFrench kepi

Hello gentlemen,

It is a good M35 French kepi for a capitaine (3 galons) of the Infanterie Coloniale.
    Carfin.

ADH
    ?

Good Morning Carfin,
    Thank you so much for your comment and information. What was the likely era when this Kepi would have been used? Thank you again.
    Kind regards,
    Anthony

Hello Anthony,

From 1935 to 1945/46. After this time, the front insignia is the common flaming bomb.
    Carfin.

ADH
    ?

Thank you so much for all of the assistance. Kind regards,
    Anthony

Hello All, I figured instead of opening up a new Thread I would post to this one because it already had a lot of great information. Based on what I already read, would my Kepi be Post ww2 ? it is a very confusing area of collectibles. Also which Branch would it be for? I am leaning towards Cav.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture French kepi   French kepi  

French kepi   French kepi  

French kepi  

Hello gentlemen,

Yes, your French képi is a model post WW2.

Why: the visor is covered with plastic, it is a characteristic of an post WW2 kepi. A 1935/1945 kepi had a visor covered with leather.

It is a kepi for an officer (2 galons & hungarian knot on the top of the képi) . 2 galons = First lieutenant.

The color of the galons, the knot, the falsh chin strap, the buttons on each side of the falsh chin strap & the flaming bomb are silber, the band around the képi is light blue.

Only 2 subdivisions of the French Army have this mix of color : The Train (Supply Force) & the Arme Blindée Cavalerie (Cavalry : Armored Force).

This one is for the Armored Force. (The label inside the képi comes from a military képi maker in Saumur, a town in mid France, & the EAABC : Ecole d'Application de l'Arme Blindée Cavalerie - Cavalry & Armored Force school - is based in this town.

So: The képi is for a first lieutenant of the cavalry / Armored Force of the French Army from 1960-1980.

I personaly was in this school in 1973/1974 as first lieutenant.

I hope you have understood my explanations.

Carfin.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast