Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Glorious Glosters OSD

Article about: A buy it now from the bay for a good price, Gloucester regiment OSD with both front and back badges and regimental buttons. WWII or perhaps shortly after, maker marked on the sweatband to Ch

Default Glorious Glosters OSD

A buy it now from the bay for a good price, Gloucester regiment OSD with both front and back badges and regimental buttons. WWII or perhaps shortly after, maker marked on the sweatband to Christies of London.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Glorious Glosters OSD   Glorious Glosters OSD  

Glorious Glosters OSD   Glorious Glosters OSD  

Glorious Glosters OSD  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

not often seen complete.

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    not often seen complete.
    Indeed Harry, you see so many loose badges, the back badges in particular, but not often seen still on their original cap along with the regimental buttons.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Glorious Glosters OSD  
    Regards,

Jerry

A nice cap.

kc1
    ?

Hi, is it named at all otherwise i see a cap with gloster badges on it. Not wishing to rain on your parade but a few minutes attaching increases the value considerably.

Quote by kc1 View Post
    Hi, is it named at all otherwise i see a cap with gloster badges on it. Not wishing to rain on your parade but a few minutes attaching increases the value considerably.
    I don't know you but I do know about caps and as this has the regimental buttons Imo it is original your comments could apply to many items so I wonder why you have only commented on this one?
    Regards,

Jerry

Interior showing the back badge lugs, always been there IMO, also the interior of the front of the cap where the front badge lug can just be seen. The sides of the cap had to be carefully peeled back as they had stuck to the liner, often the case with this type as the waterproofing breaks down and sticks to to the sides and top.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Glorious Glosters OSD   Glorious Glosters OSD  

Glorious Glosters OSD  
    Regards,

Jerry

Quote by kc1 View Post
    A shame you decided to rain on my parade with your comment and You never responded and as I commented, any British cap or uniform could have the insignia changed, but you can see that this cap is untouched, but some people......
    Regards,

Jerry

?

I'm with Jerry; this cap is clearly an original to the Gloucestershire Regiment.

BobS

Fairly sure this one is post war. All the wartime ones in the Museum are brass or white metal. Nice cap all complete.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast