Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Green / brown beret date?

Article about: Happy New Year!!! Can someone help me date this beret. It doesn't have any makers details but has white markings and a leather panel behind the airvents. Could it be private purchase? Thanks

?

Default Green / brown beret date?

Happy New Year!!!

Can someone help me date this beret. It doesn't have any makers details but has white markings and a leather panel behind the airvents.

Could it be private purchase?

Thanks,

Oli
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Green / brown beret date?   Green / brown beret date?  

Green / brown beret date?   Green / brown beret date?  

?

Anyone have any ideas?

?

Oli,

Have you seen this thread Wwii british berets traits and construction

Tony

Could be one from Canada? This is one I have to compare. Can't date yours sorry

?

Thank you for the replies. The colour is actually browner than in the photos. It looks similar to the Canadian but more British in style. It has the leather airvent tab and no evidence of a slide pocket. The wideness of the cloth between leather band and edge looks more WW2 in style than my later examples. Also what is interesting is the "button" hole slots for a badge, rather than plain slits.

Could it be a private purchase beret at all?

I posted on the other forum that this is perhaps for the ATS and early post war in date. See Steve's site Brittons at War for similar examples. Enter Beret in the search function. Britton at War
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Thanks Jerry, good to hear from you, I haven't been to the other side for a while but will be back! I will have a reseach of ATS and see what comes up. Actually the head diameter does feel quite small.

?

I am leaning more to private purchase officer's beret as the pattern differs from ATS berets plus their badge loops are horizontal while this beret would fit a vertical pin and loop badge. Perhaps its early postwar or late war. Other than the bigger overhang and airvents I am
    puzzled to date it. The colour is darker than recon and postwar infantry khaki.

What badge would suit such a beret?