Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Hats, Jungle, 1945 pattern

Article about: Hats, Jungle, 1945 pattern, Tan (also came in green). 1954 dated, with WD marking O for 1955, in mint unissued condition, apart from a fold in the brim from storage. These were used a lot du

Default Hats, Jungle, 1945 pattern

Hats, Jungle, 1945 pattern, Tan (also came in green). 1954 dated, with WD marking O for 1955, in mint unissued condition, apart from a fold in the brim from storage. These were used a lot during the Malaya emergency, often with a coloured band on them to identify different units and the allies from the enemy, with a few such examples on the IWM site.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hats, Jungle, 1945 pattern   Hats, Jungle, 1945 pattern  

Hats, Jungle, 1945 pattern   Hats, Jungle, 1945 pattern  

Hats, Jungle, 1945 pattern  
    Attached Images Attached Images Hats, Jungle, 1945 pattern 
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Nice hat Jerry, here is one I own, the foliage loops are a well thought of addition to these
    Hats, Jungle, 1945 patternHats, Jungle, 1945 patternHats, Jungle, 1945 patternHats, Jungle, 1945 pattern

Quote by JohnF View Post
    Nice hat Jerry, here is one I own, the foliage loops are a well thought of addition to these
    A very fine RE flashed up example
    Last edited by Jerry B; 10-18-2017 at 09:18 AM.
    Regards,

Jerry

Strike, these giggle hats were to be found by the bin full in the Sydney disposal stores in the 80's / 90's
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Strike, these giggle hats were to be found by the bin full in the Sydney disposal stores in the 80's / 90's
    As was the case with so many items that now attract higher prices. I guess most were used as everyday hats and are long gone. These can still be picked up for a lot less than a WWII example, what a difference 9 years makes, but I have seen these on dealers sites for ever increasing amounts, but this one was not too bad IMO.
    Regards,

Jerry

Two examples form my collection. A British made example in a ridiculously large size:
    Hats, Jungle, 1945 patternHats, Jungle, 1945 pattern
    And the far rarer Indian made example:
    Hats, Jungle, 1945 patternHats, Jungle, 1945 pattern
    This was the first of the long line of jungle hats and first appeared in about 1944 (I think). These are much harder to find than the British made ones and if you want a heart attack see what WD is asking for one!

It is hard to find any of these at Malaysia even though it was used widely here during the Emergency. Later, Malaysian armed forces and Police forces reproduced the hat with slightly design changes and colour.

Shaharom
    MHG

Quote by cengitu View Post
    It is hard to find any of these at Malaysia even though it was used widely here during the Emergency. Later, Malaysian armed forces and Police forces reproduced the hat with slightly design changes and colour.

Shaharom
    MHG
    Surviving used examples are hard to find, partly wear and tear, the climate as well I think and probably just used until they rotted away or fell apart.
    Regards,

Jerry