Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Help finding No1 dress hat

Article about: Good morning gents, I need some help from any member who can point me in the right direction of a decent example of a late 1940's - early 50's other ranks No1 dress hat suitable for the Roya

?

Jerry,
    You are correct of course. The only KC other ranks dress cap I have is for the Queen's Bays, made by Silbertson, and it has the flat crown, similar to the old German "teller" form.
    For the life of me, I can't remember where I got it!

BobS

Once you get to the late 60's and newer, OR's forage/dress caps become common, but prior to then they are not seen in my experience. The same applies to OR's SD caps, though they are seen a bit more frequently than forage caps, but still not common compared to officers versions of either.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

How about this one? Military Hat 7 1/8 | eBay

Hi, I will be out in the garage tomorrow looking for a flag and will go through my spare caps as I feel certain that I have one or two early "Royal" regiments caps. If I find one I will let you know!!
    Cheers Michael Ryan.

Quote by Michael Ryan View Post
    Hi, I will be out in the garage tomorrow looking for a flag and will go through my spare caps as I feel certain that I have one or two early "Royal" regiments caps. If I find one I will let you know!!
    Cheers Michael Ryan.
    He bought the one I had from me.
    Regards,

Jerry

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    He bought the one I had from me.
    Yes indeed and very grateful for the help I was too!! (Thanks again Jerry)

I completed my mission with the cap on time and this is the first chance I have had to post the result (just uploaded and prepped the images.)

I did nothing to the cap other than to apply an old soldiers "kit husbandry". I added a KC cap badge and period collar badges to a surplus No1 dress collar, fashioned a basic wooden stand.
    Hey presto where there was only a black and white portrait ( my friends dad) now there is more of a memorial to commemorate a deceased and much loved relative.

My friend was delighted and therefore so am I.

Regards

Mark

Help finding No1 dress hatHelp finding No1 dress hatHelp finding No1 dress hat
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    Yes indeed and very grateful for the help I was too!! (Thanks again Jerry)

I completed my mission with the cap on time and this is the first chance I have had to post the result (just uploaded and prepped the images.)

I did nothing to the cap other than to apply an old soldiers "kit husbandry". I added a KC cap badge and period collar badges to a surplus No1 dress collar, fashioned a basic wooden stand.
    Hey presto where there was only a black and white portrait ( my friends dad) now there is more of a memorial to commemorate a deceased and much loved relative.

My friend was delighted and therefore so am I.

Regards

Mark
    Looks stunning Mark.
    Regards,

Jerry

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2