Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Herringbone Utility Cap with sterling anchor pin question

Article about: I purchased this utility cap with a sterling anchor pin attached. I am wondering if someone can help me with age of the cap and the pin and if they are correct being together?

Default Herringbone Utility Cap with sterling anchor pin question

I purchased this utility cap with a sterling anchor pin attached. I am wondering if someone can help me with age of the cap and the pin and if they are correct being together?
    Herringbone Utility Cap with sterling anchor pin questionHerringbone Utility Cap with sterling anchor pin questionHerringbone Utility Cap with sterling anchor pin questionHerringbone Utility Cap with sterling anchor pin questionHerringbone Utility Cap with sterling anchor pin questionHerringbone Utility Cap with sterling anchor pin questionHerringbone Utility Cap with sterling anchor pin question

?

Default Re: Herringbone Utility Cap with sterling anchor pin question

The cap appears to be ww2, I am not sure why the pin is on, it possibly seebee or some other naval thing such as that

Default Re: Herringbone Utility Cap with sterling anchor pin question

Herringbone twill was discontinued in 1959. This looks like a Marines utility cap. I don't believe that the Sterling Silver Navy anchor originally belonged to it.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."