Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Irish caubeen hat along with The Royal Irish Fusiliers badge. WW2?

Article about: Hello, Irish caubeen hat along with The Royal Irish Fusiliers badge(I believe) from my humble collection. WW2 or post-war?I need your thoughts to period this hat. No date, no markers code. B

Default Irish caubeen hat along with The Royal Irish Fusiliers badge. WW2?

Hello,

Irish caubeen hat along with The Royal Irish Fusiliers badge(I believe) from my humble collection. WW2 or post-war?I need your thoughts to period this hat. No date, no markers code. Badge is marked with ...BIRMINGHAM?
    I would really appreciate any comments. Thank you

Regards
    Alex
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Irish caubeen hat along with The Royal Irish Fusiliers badge. WW2?   Irish caubeen hat along with The Royal Irish Fusiliers badge. WW2?  

Irish caubeen hat along with The Royal Irish Fusiliers badge. WW2?   Irish caubeen hat along with The Royal Irish Fusiliers badge. WW2?  

Irish caubeen hat along with The Royal Irish Fusiliers badge. WW2?   Irish caubeen hat along with The Royal Irish Fusiliers badge. WW2?  

My feeling is post 1953. Can you read the makers name? If JR Gaunt Birmingham then post 53 for certain.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Jerry, thank you for your prompt response. Badge maker name is DOWLER BIRMINGHAM.

Regards
    Alex
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Irish caubeen hat along with The Royal Irish Fusiliers badge. WW2?  

I would agree with Jerry. Post war but it has some age to it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Ade, thank you for your comment. I appreciate it.

Regards
    Alex