Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Japanese?

Article about: by AZPhil When I used my Google Fu. and typed in Japanese leather pilot helmet. They have an image of this same helmet. the link to that site said between wars, but it did not say Japanese.

?

Default Japanese?

Hi, awesome site you have here,

Is it possible to verify this Leather Helmut is actually Japanese WWII vintage?

Cheers Japanese?Japanese?Japanese?Japanese?Japanese?Japanese?

Default Re: Japanese?

Can't tell you from where this is from, but it doesn't look like any Japanese helmet I've seen.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Any markings on the strap or the stud fittings ?
    and is that a stamp on the inside ?
    Im not a Japanese expert,but these may help identify it.
    Cheers Mick

looks japanese to me , any maker marks
    Regards James

?

Thanks Wagriff, I actually thought the fold down rear flap was quite Japanese looking? .. its also very small,(clue?) The lining is a bit tattered as someone has taken the radio gear out of it.... there is one very small "tag" inside with some markings on it but very faded .... was given to me and told it was Japanese, but either way it would be good to find out where it is from.. do you think there's a possibillity its not even military?

cheers and good to meet you btw

?

Quote by col james View Post
    looks japanese to me , any maker marks
    Just got hold of a 4inch Mag/glass .... will check the Tag ... cheers

I know the one bomber pilot helmet I had an eon ago had a sewn on round patch yellow star on the brow. Maybe the fighter pilots had a different style?
    William

ive done a quick search on the web and there seems to be a whole array of styles ,its a nice period piece all the same ,but where used im not entirely sure
    Regards James

I think All those old leather pilot helmets are tiny sized! I've never yet found one that an actual human could put on their head! Personally, I think it's because the leather dries over time-it's like an old pair of boots in the back of your closet that used to fit great but now kill you to put on! But, like James said, it's definitely of the period and what with all the endless styles and models used, it could very well Be Japanese, although Korean or Chinese could be just as easily too, I suppose. I remember that my bomber helmet(brought back by a vet I knew) had little wooden bamboo buttons on the snaps, etc. also, so I suppose it was likely early wartime. A very nice helmet, in any case-I like the neck cover in the back! And, Welcome to the Forum!
    William

you read my mind wagriff ,i was looking for chinese examples also , is it likely it could even be russian ,welcome aboard kiwi63
    Regards James

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast