Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!

Article about: Hi, This thread is in conjuction and in support of the excellent thread covering Service Dress caps started by Nigel. Please feel free to view, show and chat about British Army Officer's Dre

Hi, A few more caps to view. Once again, I hope you find them of interest.

Regards MR

Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!

The caps are:

1. Royal Artillary RA FO QC.
    2. Royal Army Ordnance Corps RAOC FO QC.
    3. Royal Army Education Corps RAEC FO QC.
    4. To identify??
    5. General Officer KC.
    6. Field Marshal QC.

Note, Item 4. I have yet to identify this cap. It has not been messed around with and is typically of British style and manufacture but has the incorrect crown piping (red) of a "Royals" FO's cap and the visor embelishment of a GO's cap. The badge is new to me, possibly a commonwealth state army??

?

Again, more great caps, Michael. Can't say that I have any idea about the badge on the one cap.
    I especially congratulate you on the field marshal's cap; pretty rare, I believe. My best friend has one, and it's named to Field Marshal Richard Hull, late 17th/21st Lancers, and former Chief of The Defence Staff.
    I had many more British officer caps, but I sold those that were not Guards or cavalry regiments, although I may make an exception from time to time!

BobS

Hi All, A few more dress caps to view.
    Cheers MR

Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!

The caps are:

1. Lancastrian Brigade FO QC.
    2. Honourable Artillary Company FO KC.
    3. Royal Army Ordnance Corps FO KC.
    4. Duke of Edinburgh Regiment FO.
    5. Royal Regiment of Wales FO.

Hi Bob, Thank you for your message and comments.
    Regrds MR

?

More nice caps, Michael, but shouldn't an RAOC cap have a scarlet band & piping? I had one of WWII vintage that I sold.
    I'm thinking that dark blue with yellow piping cap is for the RAPC; had one of those as well.

BobS

?

Some help requested, if possible. I just received an Ebay purchase, a dress field officer's service cap for the Green Howards ( photos soon, I hope!). It's made by Hawkes & Co., and is ostensibly, a WWII era cap. I cannot really say if it is, as this regiment's cap badge didn't change with a new sovereign.
    Inside is a handwritten tag " Lt.Col.Jackson Green Howards size 7 1/8." My 1938 Army List shows a Capt. Jackson in one of the two regular battalions, and another Capt. Jackson in one of the territorial battalions.
    Anyone have an idea as to who the Lt.Col. might have been? Also, did Hawkes make caps post -WWII?
    Thanks in advance.

BobS

I am pretty certain they did until they were taken over by Gieves in 1974 after which they continued under the new combined name.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Hi thought I'd add my Australian British made 1950 dated Officer's Brigadier/Colonel dress cap I think it is Artillery thanks to some of the other guys in the forum giving me a hand to identify this item. I'v put it on display with my 1960's royal engineers mess dress jacket for display purposes . I know it dose not match but think they complement each other nicely at-least until I get the right cap for the jacket and jacket for the cap . hope you all enjoy
    cheers matty
    Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!   Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!  

Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!  

Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast