Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast

Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!

Article about: Hi, This thread is in conjuction and in support of the excellent thread covering Service Dress caps started by Nigel. Please feel free to view, show and chat about British Army Officer's Dre

CBH
    ?

On closer inspection the hat is a William Scully of Montreal .

Quote by CBH View Post
    On closer inspection the hat is a William Scully of Montreal .
    Very nice, it would be great to see the underside of both if you can.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Default any idea

Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!

CBH
    ?

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Very nice, it would be great to see the underside of both if you can.
    I will post more photos as soon as I can , the sun is going down here . But i'll see what I can do .
    Cheers

CBH
    ?

Got some taken , here goes . The first one is the beret , the others are the officers hat .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!   Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!  

Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!   Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!  

Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!   Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!  

Quote by Hans Mandy View Post
    Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!
    1970's or 80's I would say and with the wrong possibly fake badge on it.
    Regards,

Jerry

Quote by CBH View Post
    Got some taken , here goes . The first one is the beret , the others are the officers hat .
    Nice, beret post war I think, not really up on Canadian made items so cannot state with any authority.
    Regards,

Jerry

Thank you for your information he was saying it was ww2 paratrooper 1st/6th airborne div

Quote by Hans Mandy View Post
    Thank you for your information he was saying it was ww2 paratrooper 1st/6th airborne div
    He was mistaken or lying.
    Regards,

Jerry

Got this odd one yesterday, perhaps Michael or Oli or Bob or someone else has an opinion.

It in many ways matches a British army senior officers cap, with a single row of leaves on the peak and the correct colour conbination of the band and welts.

It has a bandmans badge on it, which has been there a long time, maker marked to The Uniform And Equipment Company, 10-11 Clerkenwell Green, whose premises there were destroyed in a fire in 1913 and were later rebuilt on the same site. Later again they became Uniquip until they closed in the 1990's.

Apart from the badge, the oakleaves are in metal, not something I have seen before, it has the stiff top typical of early caps and plain small ball buttons.

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated. Is it a bands mans cap, or is it an early senior officers cap rebadged and reused by a bands man?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!   Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!  

Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!  
    Regards,

Jerry

Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast