Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast

Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!

Article about: Hi, This thread is in conjuction and in support of the excellent thread covering Service Dress caps started by Nigel. Please feel free to view, show and chat about British Army Officer's Dre

Picked this up today
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!   Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!  

Always good to see clearly dated examples and a fine example it is too.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

A fine example of a Grenadier Guards Sgt or CSgt forage cap (Non Guards units call it the No1 Dress hat). Hope you can find the correct chinstrap and buttons to suit!

For anyone wondering, the brass bands on the peak are significant. A single band indicates a Guardsman or LCPL, a broad band and one thin band indicates a Lance Sgt (CPL in non guards units) and as in this case one broad and two thin indicate a (full) SGT (aka "Full Bloke") or Colur Sgt (aka "Colour" or "Colour Bloke" or even "Colour Boy" but not to his face!).

As Jerry said, nice to see an early date too!

Thanks for showing

Mark

?

Hi Chaps
    A Friend of mine ( YES I DO HAVE SOME ) gave me the badge to day that goes on the tent cap looks a lot better with it on it I think you will agree ! Steve

Looks nice with the missing badge restored to it Steve.
    Regards,

Jerry

Not been much action on this thread recently.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!  
    Regards,

Jerry

?

I don't believe I posted photos of thid Coldstream Guards officer's cap. It was the only Foot Guards officer's cap that eluded me for so many years.

BobSLets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!

My latest addition, forage cap for a Colonel of the Royal Welch Fusiliers and named to him, Phillip Williams-Jones TD.

I was able to research him and he was a junior officer in 1952 which fits with the date of the cap as it is marked Hatters to the King, but he did not reach the rank of Colonel (Acting) until 1986-87 so I assume he had the peak upgrade to suit his new rank, which suggest he had perhaps already done it when he was a Major earlier in his career. He retired in 1990/91 with the rank of Honorary Colonel.

I have some of his other items posted along with a fuller history of his career in another thread.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!  
    Regards,

Jerry

One more from me, 1950's Queens Royal Regiment (west Surrey) officers forage cap, named to him (Major C.B. Roger) and complete with its original box for postage to Germany and I also have his SD cap shown in the companion thread.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!   Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!  

Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!   Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!  

Regards,

Jerry

New pick up today Queens own Hussars

Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast