Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 ... LastLast

Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!

Article about: Hi, This thread is in conjuction and in support of the excellent thread covering Service Dress caps started by Nigel. Please feel free to view, show and chat about British Army Officer's Dre

?

Very nice Michael, your collection is enormous and envious. Is the WFR cap named?

I would lean towards the RA cap being a staff officer. Is the band a standard piece or field made. Also what are the side buttons.

Hi Ocad, I am glad that someone is talking to me so thank you very much. I was beginning to wonder if I had a BO problem?? You have me at a loss re the WFR cap? The RA cap has RA badge and buttons and the red band appears to be professionally made. The cap lives in the garage so I will confirm what I am saying in the morning. I have always considered the cap to be for wear by a regimental staff officer rather than a colonel or brigadier. My understanding was that brigadiers and colonels of all corps' and regiments wore the standard pattern cap device relative to the rank? However I am sure that I saw a colonel's dress cap with an RAOC badge?? Unless I was dreaming? I have a pamphlet on Army Officer's Dress Regulations and under both Generals and Brigadiers and Colonels caps it is vague with regards to which corp's carried on with their own coloured bands and which switched to red. Do you have any information on this subject?
    Cheers Michael

Hi All, A minor change in direction. Well actually two changes. These caps are for the workers or other ranks and the selection includes a couple of Field Service Caps or "chip bags" as they were affectionately termed in the military vernacular.

OR 45 Number 1 Cap for a Guardsman of the Scots Guards.

OR 181 Number 1 Cap for all all Other Ranks below WO1 of the Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers, REME.

OR 204 Forage Cap for Other Ranks of the Cambridgeshire Regiment

OR 232 Field Service Cap for the King's African Rifles. Still looking for a badge at a reasonable price.

OR 234 Field Service Cap for Other Ranks of the Royal Army Veterinary Corps RAVC.

Hi, Sticking with "Chip Bags" for the moment, a selection to view for those interested. I have a feeling that I may have shown some of these in the past on someone else's thread but I can not remember, a memory/age problem!! If you have seen them before, apologies!! Anyone else want to show caps? Please feel free as you must be getting a bit bord with my stuff.

Cheers once again, Michael R

JO 223 16th 5th Queen's Royal Lancers.

GO 208 General Officer.

JO 213 Army Dental Corps (ADC).

JO 226 Lancashire Fusileers.

JO 217 6th City of London Rifles Westminster
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!  

Quote by Michael Ryan View Post
    A few more to view. Number 2 Service Dress caps worn by officer ranks from Second Lieutenant to lieutenant Colonel inclusive.
    Mike, perhaps none of my business, but there is a pinned thread for service dress caps.

The fs caps could form a new pinned thread and it might be better to keep them and the sd caps out of the forage/dress caps thread.

It is always good to see examples from your great collection.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Hi Jerry, Yes, I take your point and would suggest that constructive opinion is everyone's business. The only reason that I added FS caps on this thread was to create a bit of variety. I know that I started this thread and at first, it, as I had hoped, drew some interest from fellow collectors like yourself but since returning to it after my absence of a year or so, it seams to have died a death. Ergo, the logic in trying FS caps was as a possible stimulant and to add a bit of variety. I would be happy to start such a thread if you and our other members are interested?? I would be inclined to make it a Tri Service thread to incorporate the RN (RM), Army and RAF FS caps? And, add internal details etc? What do you think?? So, no more FS caps on this thread at least from me that is? Thank you for your kind comment re the collection!!

Regards and best wishes Michael

Hi, Back to visor caps.

JO 551 Royal Scots Greys.

JO 535 Royal Army Chaplain's Department (RAChD).

SO 140 Colonel/Brigadier Royal Army Chaplain's Department (RAChD).

SO 142 Colonel/Brigadier Royal Army Medical Corps (RAMC).

Hi, Just three caps this morning.

FO 194 Queen Alexandra's Royal Army Nursing Corps Field Officer's visor cap in grey (QARANC).

FO 175 Queen Alexandra's Royal Army Nursing Corps Field Officer's Dress visor cap (QARANC).

JO 196 Officer's Number 2 Dress cap badged to the Lincolnshire Regiment.

?

That Lincolns officer's cap badge has to be one of the largest in the British Army.

BobS

HI Bob, Yes it is quite large but dwarfed by most of the Scottish headdress badges.

Cheers Michael

Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 ... LastLast