Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!

Article about: Hi, This thread is in conjuction and in support of the excellent thread covering Service Dress caps started by Nigel. Please feel free to view, show and chat about British Army Officer's Dre

Hi Thank you

I just read the side buttons: "Loyal North Lancashire " and "TARIFA" ?

?????

?

Very interesting. Yes I would say it was a Major or Lt. Col from the Loyal North Lancashire Regiment, dating to pre 1970, badged up quite rightly for the period to the Brigade badge. The Worcestershire cap mentioned also has its regimental side buttons but during the Brigade period would have worn a Brigade badge.

Quote by Ocad View Post
    Very interesting. Yes I would say it was a Major or Lt. Col from the Loyal North Lancashire Regiment, dating to pre 1970, badged up quite rightly for the period to the Brigade badge. The Worcestershire cap mentioned also has its regimental side buttons but during the Brigade period would have worn a Brigade badge.
    Hi

Thank you !

?

A cap that I have been looking for for a long time, a 9th Lancers officer's dress forage cap, for junior officer ranks. Kings Crown on badge & buttons, so pre-1953.

BobSLets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!

?

Another cap that arrived in the mail yesterday, junior officer's of the Royal Scots Greys, named on the sweatband to R.B. Anderson, later rose to at least major's rank.
    The badge was a well worn officer's version, which I replaced with a nicer example, and added the black badge backing.

BobSLets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!

?

I should add that I was bidding on another RSG offficer's cap on Ebay last week; it sold for an absurd price of $ 747!

BobS

?

Another recent addition, a junior officer's visor cap for the North Somerset Yeomanry, for the period that they were part of the Royal Armoured Corps post WWII.

BobSLets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!

?

Another yeomanry visor cap, which I have had for some time, this for other ranks of the Middlesex Yeomanry.

Default Lancer Caps

Absolutely stunning caps shown here! Unfortunately I have none to show but I do have a question - why do the peaked caps of the Lancers have vertical piping on the 4 "sides"? Is this detail vestige of the original square-topped hats of the Lancers?

Thank you very much, and happy collecting!

Regards,
    Gordon

?

Yes, the additional piping is to recall the piping on the crown of the full dress czapka.

Bob Shoaf

Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast