Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Looking for AIF slouch hat

Article about: Doug, try to ask around on this forum: Militarianz

?

Default Looking for AIF slouch hat

Or headwear to the 3rd Field Ambulance Btn, circa the Gallipoli period April 1915. Not sure how much of a needle in a haystack finding something like this is, but not sure where to look or whom to network with.

Mods if I posted in the incorrect section please relocate and accept my apologies.

Cheers
    Doug

Doug, they are pretty rare and expensive mate if they can be found. We have a military fair here in W.A. this weekend so I'll keep my eyes open for you and let you know if I find anything. There is a bloke I know pretty well, if anyone can track one down then I think he can. Will let you know mate.

?

Hey Doug,
    How about a pic of what you want. That way. We lesser knowledgeable collectors of such items,can know what to look for when at our local shows.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Here is a 1916 dated example that sold on the bay.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Looking for AIF slouch hat   Looking for AIF slouch hat  

Looking for AIF slouch hat   Looking for AIF slouch hat  

Looking for AIF slouch hat  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    Doug, they are pretty rare and expensive mate if they can be found. We have a military fair here in W.A. this weekend so I'll keep my eyes open for you and let you know if I find anything. There is a bloke I know pretty well, if anyone can track one down then I think he can. Will let you know mate.
    Thanks guys for your help. I sort of gravitate to the rare and expensive much to the chagrin of my savings account LOL. That said this is to compliment a very historical piece that is pretty much in Holy Grail territory to ANZAC or Gallipoli collectors and historians of the battle itself, right out of the woodwork here in Western Canada if that can be believed. If the right slouch hat comes about, or even a piece of headgear to the 3rd FA price would be no object. I would even settle for an AIF cap badge to tide me over.

I am also looking for someone in your great country that can assist me in the research of a soldier and officer of the 3rd FA AIF, in Canada you can pull the files of soldiers, can you do that there?

Doug, I've sent you a PM and I'll keep my eye open for a WW1 cap badge at the military fair on Sunday.

?

Thanks Dave!!!!!

No worries!

?

Got some great research done today and perhaps even a period photo of the artifact in Gallipoli. Thanks Dave and Bob L for your assistance in pointing me to the right places!

Quote by DougB View Post
    Got some great research done today and perhaps even a period photo of the artifact in Gallipoli. Thanks Dave and Bob L for your assistance in pointing me to the right places!
    Hi Doug, what is the "artefact" in point? Sounds intriguing! Leon.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast