Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

My "New" Aussie Slouch Hat, I think I have a good one Please comment

Article about: I picked this up yesterday along with other bits, The headband is gone, but it looks to have an Ordnance Mark. Can anyone tell me if it is Correct and the time Period? The Cap Badge is Kings

?

Default My "New" Aussie Slouch Hat, I think I have a good one Please comment

I picked this up yesterday along with other bits, The headband is gone, but it looks to have an Ordnance Mark.
    Can anyone tell me if it is Correct and the time Period? The Cap Badge is Kings Crown.

Thanks in advance

Dean O
    Canada

My "New" Aussie Slouch Hat, I think I have  a good one Please commentMy "New" Aussie Slouch Hat, I think I have  a good one Please commentMy "New" Aussie Slouch Hat, I think I have  a good one Please commentMy "New" Aussie Slouch Hat, I think I have  a good one Please commentMy "New" Aussie Slouch Hat, I think I have  a good one Please commentMy "New" Aussie Slouch Hat, I think I have  a good one Please comment

Looks good mate..but without the band you cant be exact on date

?

IMO nice Slouch Cap Dean can't help with the date but I know that some of the pugs on the post war produced hats are dated and stamped on the underside as are my two examples from the 50's and 60's might be worth taking a peek.

Regards Mark

?

My "New" Aussie Slouch Hat, I think I have  a good one Please comment

Mark, THANK YOU!!!, I never thought to look there, it is dated 1945!!! too bad the headband is missing!!!!

What a great forum!!!

Dean O
    Canada

?

No worries Dean Jerry or Rene are rather good at dating these I am positive one of them will be able to help more .
    I would take a few close ups of the grommets fronts as they may help in dating it.

Regards Mark