Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Named Bancroft Flighter

Article about: Bye bye Ed, thanks for dropping by ...... ( and BTW, Andy, I don't think the contact of the styrofoam on the cap is doing it any favours ...... I don't know what the alternatives are but I h

?

Default Named Bancroft Flighter

I took this one out of it's "cage" this evening to see how the inside was holding up. Seems the Bancroft diamond is becoming unstuck, but the rest is OK. It's been in it's case for a couple of years!
    Anyway, I took a few snaps mainly to show the name under the visor, which normally cannot be seen when it is on display with oxy mask, headset and bits and bobs.
    The colours are reasonable, despite the fill in flash. Comments welcome.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Named Bancroft Flighter   Named Bancroft Flighter  

Named Bancroft Flighter   Named Bancroft Flighter  

Named Bancroft Flighter  
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

Default Re: Named Bancroft Flighter

That is a great cap buddy.

?

Very nice cap Bancroft used to make some fine headwear I have a couple of the berets in my collection.

Regards Mark K

Great looking cap, Andy. The T-30 and .50AP are nice too.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Thanks for the kind comments people. It is a lovely thing, bought in the States when the exchange rate was $2/£1.
    I almost lost it just after it arrived here. I was waiting for it's display case to arrive, and to protect it from moths I wraped it up in a black bin liner/trash bag, as I did not have any clear plastic left. The bag went missing, I couldn't find it anywhere, and I was becomming desperate. Then I had a terrible thought as I eyed up the kitchen bin, half full of household rubbish including last nights beer and pizza session with the lads. It was at the bottom.
    Someone who Shall Remain Nameless is still doing pennance for that one. The cap cleaned up ok though.

Kind Regards,

Andy
    Last edited by aj4010; 07-05-2012 at 03:20 PM.
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Bet your heart skipped a beat on that episode!!!
    A champion cap! - I have a Lewis Fly-weighter summer cap but the Bancroft is the stereotypical crusher ....
    Cheers, Dan

?

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Bet your heart skipped a beat on that episode!!!
    A champion cap! - I have a Lewis Fly-weighter summer cap but the Bancroft is the stereotypical crusher ....
    Cheers, Dan
    Thanks Dan, it was a little stressful shall we say. Can you imagine something like that surviving one of the most tumultuous episodes in human history only to be destroyed by wet teabags? It was a close call.
    The Fly-weigters are great caps and are true crushers, I will be in the market for a summer cap soon, and I certainly would not mind one of them.
    As a footnote, have you seen how many sellers on the bay are destroying perfectly good non crusher peaks by folding them to "prove" they are crushable?

Best Regards,

Andy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Named Bancroft Flighter  
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by aj4010; 07-05-2012 at 05:55 PM. Reason: Upload Failure
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Hi Andy,
    This is mine from a few posts back ( the Lewis )
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/USA-b...rusher-185199/

Cheers, Dan

?

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Hi Andy,
    This is mine from a few posts back ( the Lewis )
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/USA-b...rusher-185199/

Cheers, Dan
    That's an excellent one Dan, and what a great price. You stole it mate! I paid a lot more than that for mine.
    Sorry to hear you fell foul of the false advertising of one of these, thats sort of what I was rambling on about earlier with people bending the hell out of ordinary peaks to prove crushability. There seems to be a lot of debate about what constitutes a true crusher though.
    Is it the earlier caps that were broken in and crushed when being worn on missions, or the later custom designed soft peak (single layer) caps made without the stiffener that were made to fold, when the manufacturers saw a market for such things.
    For me anyway, the former is a crushed cap, and the latter is a true crusher, and both have merit. Some will not agree, but that is just how I catagorise them.
    Ok, enough inane ramblings,

Kind Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

Time to put "Ed" back in his case for a while.

Kind Regards,

Andy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Named Bancroft Flighter   Named Bancroft Flighter  

Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast