Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Navy visor?

Article about: Is this navy? Officer? Captain? What era? I would appreciate any info, please. The crown appears to be cloth with some type of water proofing. Thanks, Dean.

?

Default Navy visor?

Is this navy? Officer? Captain? What era? I would appreciate any info, please. The crown appears to be cloth with some type of water proofing.
    Thanks,
    Dean.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Navy visor?   Navy visor?  

Navy visor?   Navy visor?  

?

Default Re: Navy visor?

Also, my friend who gave this to me today also gave me this belt buckle.
    Dean.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Navy visor?   Navy visor?  

Navy visor?  

?

My book shows the badge in use post 1941,the gold chin strap was for chief warrant officers and above,Navy of course...Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

Thanks very much Pete! So it could very well be ww2 era?
    Dean.

?

I would say 50s as the oldest as arts caps did not produce many caps during ww2 very few I believe they were creating after the war. I would say it is pre 60s because of the leather top as they did not usually wear this style of cover in Vietnam

?

Officers summer cover. If there is rattan for the stiffener behind the sweat band it will be WWII / Korea period.

?

Cap is for commissioned officers through the rank of lieut. commander.

BobS

?

Thanks guys. I was looking at stonemints sticky on KM caps and saw a similarity with he removable tops. Mine seems to have had a cover at one time, also there is room for the cover to slip under the eagle badge. Also, I looked under the sweat band and saw a name and some numbers. Forgive me if I am naive , I don't collect US items.
    Dean

?

Most of the cover on hats that are post ww2 come off, from the pictures of the inside I would date the hat to the late 50s not a bad hat overall clean condition