Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

New Zealand Lemon Squeezer WWII

Article about: Picked up today from a seller who had it listed as a scout masters hat, which it might have been used as because of the missing pug band replaced by a leather version. The sweat band is mark

Default New Zealand Lemon Squeezer WWII

Picked up today from a seller who had it listed as a scout masters hat, which it might have been used as because of the missing pug band replaced by a leather version. The sweat band is marked NZ Military Forces and the circular vent holes is typical of WWII issued examples. I long wanted one of these and this one for a score is pretty good IMO. I'm having a run on cheap hats at the moment.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Zealand Lemon Squeezer WWII   New Zealand Lemon Squeezer WWII  

New Zealand Lemon Squeezer WWII   New Zealand Lemon Squeezer WWII  

New Zealand Lemon Squeezer WWII  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I would like one of these to go with my New Zealand 2nd Div 8th Army themed Jeep.
    New Zealanders were based quite close to us for a short while.

New Zealand 2nd Echelon "The Blitztourist"

Quote by Roger M View Post
    I would like one of these to go with my New Zealand 2nd Div 8th Army themed Jeep.
    New Zealanders were based quite close to us for a short while.
    Good luck finding one Roger, I don't see them for sale often over here and even on ebay they are not common.
    Regards,

Jerry

Nice find mate!...

Lets hope you get a cheap run on houses too,because at this rate your gonna need one.!nice buy Jerry.........

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Lets hope you get a cheap run on houses too,because at this rate your gonna need one.!nice buy Jerry.........
    Mate, my house is quite big and was a good price but even so my collection is spreading around all its rooms except the Kitchen and one bathroom & one bedroom........so far.
    Regards,

Jerry

?

Nice find! It's a shame it's missing it's coloured puggaree - I'm not sure how often they go up for sale outside of NZ but I'm sure it'd be possible.

Quote by FinMC View Post
    Nice find! It's a shame it's missing it's coloured puggaree - I'm not sure how often they go up for sale outside of NZ but I'm sure it'd be possible.
    Thanks.

I have never seen a coloured pug for an NZ LS over here, or at least I don't remember seeing one.
    Regards,

Jerry

?

It actually seems to be pretty hard to find pug's on their own in general. They don't come up too often even over here, but to put hope in you, last I was in London I passed by an antique store and it did actually have an NZ pug. (to be fair it's the only one i've ever seen outside NZ or Australia)