Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

The One I've always wanted.

Article about: Been waiting a long time for one of these to surface in good condition and worth the wait. Just a small amount of moth tracing on the top but apart from that it's gorgeous.

Default The One I've always wanted.

Been waiting a long time for one of these to surface in good condition and worth the wait. Just a small amount of moth tracing on the top but apart from that it's gorgeous.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The One I've always wanted.   The One I've always wanted.  

The One I've always wanted.   The One I've always wanted.  

The One I've always wanted.  

Now that has to be rare! Very early RAF.

Well done!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

very nice 1st pattern khaki RAF cap.

Not as rare as you'd think Ade, they turn up pretty frequently. This style of uniform was widely purchased at the April 1 change over and was obsolete by the end of 1918, so a lot ended up in the loft, trunks etc. A lot of uniform makers had a lot 'off the peg' that were unsaleable too.

Interesting to know. Thanks.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Very nice and love the information on the back of the badge, great stuff. I have seen a few for sale but they do hold their value well for a cap that hardly saw any use and only in peace time at that.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

No Jerry they were worn from April 1 1918 until into 1919, they most assuredly were worn on the Western Front. RAF 'uniforms for about a year after April 1, 1918 were utter chaos and all manner of strange combinations can be seen worn and in unit pictures.

Very nice! Well worth waiting for.
    Steve

Isn't it just cool when patience pays off? Congrats.

?

Great looking RAF visor. It looks awesome with the wings in the back ground!!!
    Congrats
    Semper Fi
    Phil