Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

over seas caps regs

Article about: do any of the guys here know what the regs are for the position of a cap badge on a british over seas cap ??? cheers ian

ian
    ?

Default over seas caps regs

do any of the guys here know what the regs are for the position of a cap badge on a british over seas cap ???
    cheers ian

Don't know them Ian, what period are you asking about and what exactly do you mean by an overseas cap?

If you are asking about WWII period Field service caps, I have a few and all have the badge in a different location.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

ian
    ?

im asking about ,,a side cap ,,circa 1950-80s ,, regemental colours
    there is ,some question within the regement as to where exactly the motto should be ,on this over seas cap
    most all of the old comrades from the 17th/21st lancers have over seas caps ,but we are arguing about exactly where the motto should be on the cap ,, as over the years ,,we have worn the motto ,in the lower blue part ,,and in the whight part as this pic ????
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture over seas caps regs  

All the ones I have, have it in the white part or rather the equivalent part, above the "peak", as I don't have one for the 17th/21st. However, with your regiment, who knows what is the "correct" placement.

great cap, I would love to add one of them to my collection.
    Regards,

Jerry

Hi Ian,

by a strange coincidence this thread has been posted on the B&CMBF and some images shown all have the motto on the lower blue part.

Motto for Field Service Cap - British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum
    Regards,

Jerry