Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

possible Homeguard field service cap?

Article about: Hi everyone a mate just turned up today with a couple of mixed bags of items from a house clearance so trying to put everything in the correct section especially as most of these items are o

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    I've noticed suddenly how much these FS caps are fetching on ebay,some hitting over £40,times are changing.........
    Indeed Jake, especially if they have their original badges on them. Even the buttons are getting quite pricey these days.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

If anyone see's one with a blue fold of material at the front I would be interested.

These were used by the war-time Army Cadet Force.

?

Hi all,

General List buttons were used by all ranks on both the SD cap and FS cap (wrongly referred to sometimes as a Forage cap), excluding higher ranks.From what I have seen most home guard FS caps have GS (or rather GL) buttons. Home guard examples tend not to have holes for a cap badge and instead the badge would slide onto the peak (Worc. Reg examples atleast). You can compare it with two HG caps on this page (scroll down). WORCESTERSHIRE SOLDIERS COLLECTION - The Worcestershire Regiment. . Although what strikes me is that their badge placement doesn't seem as regulated as in the army.

Oli
    Last edited by Ocad; 09-04-2014 at 04:11 PM.

?

"Hi all,

General List buttons were used by all ranks on both the SD cap and FS cap (wrongly referred to sometimes as a Forage cap), excluding higher ranks.From what I have seen most home guard FS caps have GS (or rather GL) buttons. Home guard examples tend not to have holes for a cap badge and instead the badge would slide onto the peak (Worc. Reg examples atleast). You can compare it with two HG caps on this page (scroll down). WORCESTERSHIRE SOLDIERS COLLECTION - The Worcestershire Regiment. . Although what strikes me is that their badge placement doesn't seem as regulated as in the army.

Oli"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi Oli, this is extremely useful information, many thanks! I picked up an FS cap recently with General Service/ General List buttons and a King's Own Lancaster Regiment badge looped over (but gripping tightly), without using a hole to attach. It's very securely attached. I wondered if that could be right, this could be the explanation!

I've added some pictures of it.

Best regards, Paul
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture possible Homeguard field service cap?   possible Homeguard field service cap?  

possible Homeguard field service cap?   possible Homeguard field service cap?  

?

Hi Chaps
    Most home guard examples that I have encountered over the years have always been attached to the peak of the side hat
    This example is one I have in is a WWII GLOUCESTERSHIRE 104 AA HOME GUARD BATTLE DRESS AND SIDE HAT
    http://www.brittonatwar.co.uk/photos/57155h.jpg
    this 2nd example I sold earlier this year was a Royal west Kent HG example named to a chap
    http://www.brittonatwar.co.uk/photos/55832.jpg
    both of these where attached to the peak BELOW 3 IMAGES BORROWED FROM BRIAN L DAVIES BOOK BRITISH ARMY UNIFORMS AND INSIGNIA OF WWII ( I hope he does not mind !! ) which show the make up of the side hat and what each part is called .
    possible Homeguard field service cap?possible Homeguard field service cap?possible Homeguard field service cap?
    These side hats only had ink stamps on them where as the RAF examples did have printed separate labels before 1941 when they went over to ink stamps below is a RAF apprentices example from 1939-40 noted by the red band these also appear with a green band and I have seen pics of examples with a diced bands .
    possible Homeguard field service cap?possible Homeguard field service cap?
    Steve
    Last edited by ASR142; 10-17-2014 at 11:37 PM.

Here are three Pre WW1 version of the FS Cap all belonged to Sgt G R Snowden KORLR. The Khaki version is the hardest to find as it was generally issued in India.

regards

Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture possible Homeguard field service cap?   possible Homeguard field service cap?  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2