Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Post WW2 black beret

Article about: Hello people! I saved this one just at the moment that it was about to be thrown in the garbage bin. It is quite old and the badge has been with the beret forever. I'm pretty sure it's made

Default Post WW2 black beret

Hello people!

I saved this one just at the moment that it was about to be thrown in the garbage bin. It is quite old and the badge has been with the beret forever. I'm pretty sure it's made of wool as I can see some minor moth bites and the overall construction looks very old. I did some research and I figured out that it is postwar made because it lacks the two bracc vent holes, it has no leather sweatband and of course the badge has a Queen's crown (but the badge says a little for the beret itself).
    The badge looks very old too...
    Could I have some help on its age please?

Thank you!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post WW2 black beret   Post WW2 black beret  

Post WW2 black beret   Post WW2 black beret  

Post WW2 black beret   Post WW2 black beret  

The badge mounting slider pocket makes it post 1950's, probably 1970's or a bit later.

Nice badge, is it on a slider or lugs?
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Hello! Sorry for the late reply! I'd say it's on lugs as it is firmly attached on the beret! I'm trying to find out why and when these cloth bands were used but no luck so far. All I see are leather sweatbands and none like this one...